Do you find yourself rewriting onboarding tours, in-app tips, or product tutorials in your head? Do you consider information to be the most powerful and essential element of a user's experience? Do you see lack of a coherent content strategy in everything you consume, and have a thousand specific things you'd do to fix that issue yourself? Have you successfully demonstrated success in owning, driving, and delivering great content experiences at companies of different sizes, problems, and levels of complexity? If so, joining our Content Design team might be for you.
At Atlassian, we look at the way we communicate technical information to our customers as an end-to-end journey. This journey begins as our customers get started with our products, and ends with just enough documentation to guide our customers or solve their problems to achieve mastery in their work. We know that great writing and content strategy are not always valued, and we're on a mission to change this.
This isn't a traditional technical writing role. As part of the Atlassian design team, you'll be...
- Empowered to experiment with a variety of approaches to information in the UI, documentation, supporting materials, and anywhere else our customers experience information.
- Finding better ways to measure what makes an information experience successful and using these methods, to constantly challenge us to improve our craft.
- Pushing hard, bold, and aggressively to make Atlassian recognized for how we approach content experience.
- Accountable for proactively identifying and ensuring resolution of issues impacting content effectiveness across experiences in both product and supporting properties – particularly around information architecture, content strategy, and standards.
More about you:
- This job is for someone who thinks outside of the box of traditional software documentation. You have demonstrated significant impact in the industry and across companies in forming, delivering, and ensuring effective content across product and support experiences.
- You believe in collaboratively creating, evolving, and driving a clear content strategy across a ton of valuable content. You also believe in constantly pushing to improve, learn, and do even more to help customers through great content.
When you join the team, you'd be expected to have:
- excellent technical writing and verbal communication
- a love for both technical and user content
- experience with establishing a strong content strategy and delivering high-quality impactful content in line with that strategy
- experience working with software development teams, support, designers, and marketing
- great stakeholder management skills
- an ability to establish respect, provide guidance at all levels, and impress anyone or everyone you encounter
- an industry reputation for content strategy, technical writing, and thought leadership
And ideally, as a bonus you'd have:
- a knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- experience working on cross-product documentation
- an ability to challenge yourself and others
- experience working on project management, productivity software, or service desk documentation
More about our team
Content Designers at Atlassian help design and shape the entire user journey by championing the Atlassian voice and setting the right tone. Our content experts work with a variety of roles across the organization including research, PMs, engineering, marketing, legal and within the design team to tell consistent stories and create a great experience for our customers.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
Show us something
Along with your resume, send or point us to an example of great instructional or learning content that you've created.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.