Platform Engineer - HipChat
Atlassian Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
HipChat Server is looking for a Platform Engineer to join our team and help us evolve our enterprise messaging platform. This is a unique opportunity for a creative, ambitious and goal oriented doer to have a meaningful impact on our company. Bonus if you have an undying love for HipChat and/or a great sense of humor.
On the HipChat Server team you will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, scaling and optimizing our HipChat Server Data Center. We are looking for passionate engineers who understand that building an engineering practice is as important as building a product. You have a keen eye towards simplicity, reliability and operational excellence.
What you do
- Learn, experiment, and deliver. We don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt and come up with creative solutions to fun, complex problems.
- Design with a eye for business. You will team-up with Product, Design and Support to understand and delight our customers.
- Play as a team. Practice radical candor, continuous improvement and making everything around you better.
- Build with passion and integrity. Implement solutions that meet performance, scalability, and operational excellence.
- Be the change you seek. Champion CI/CD and test-driven development.
- You love building software with a focus towards operational excellence and engineering rigor.
- Experience working with Python, Go and working with geo-distributed teams is ideal.
- Experience building large scale distributed systems using AWS and/or VMWare.
- You have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a positive disposition and assume good intent from all team members.
- Experience building Presence and Messaging Platforms is a plus.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Swati ensures that every feature and functionality of Atlassian’s popular products are fully and fantastically integrated in ways that will create seamless and unique user experiences.
Back to top