Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian's mission "to unleash the potential of every team" is the guiding light behind what we do. We have developed well-known products such as Jira, Confluence, and Trello.. that fit into the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams and the processes to help every team succeed.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionising the software industry, and helping teams collaborate and create the magic that provides their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to promote humanity.
We're transforming Atlassian and data is at the heart of that. Team Data is a set of business & technical data services that power Atlassian Products.
Team Data, which is ~400 engineers who build and run services for all of Atlassian including: Storage, Data Warehousing, Machine Learning, Streaming, Data Engineering, and Our Customer Data Offering Atlassian Analytics.
This role will report to the Head of Engineering for Team Data.
This role is open to APAC and US-WEST applicants.
What you'll do
- Working across the Team Data organisation which serves the following mission-critical functions for the whole company:
- Analytical Data Platform which includes data lake, data ingestion/modeling/transformation tooling and frameworks as well as the query layer
- Platforms for specific use cases: Machine Learning & AI, Measurement & Experimentation
- Data Engineering
- Our Customer Data Offering Atlassian Analytics.
- Strong technical expertise and 10+ years experience in designing/building data-intensive applications. Fluency in the current landscape (SQL, NoSQL, NewSQL, big data, ML, Streaming, ETL).
- Passion for software engineering excellence (design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security and privacy etc)
- Passion for recognizing, raising, and reconciling gaps and redundant efforts across organizations
- Excellent collaboration, communication and leadership skills. Ability to get engineers to follow their lead as well as mentor/coach.
- Desire to thrive in a large, fast-paced organization; ability to balance multiple projects under pressure
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .