Lead DevOps Engineer
Do you want to build the future of incident management at a company built by developers for developers? Are you an innovative and talented DevOps engineer who can technically lead a small tiger-team of engineers to get $#!* done? Does working on a project that holds the source of truth about status for most major Internet companies float-your-boat? Do you believe in shipping quality code early and often?
If so, come join us at Atlassian and work on the StatusPage team! You will be working in a fast paced SaaS environment where every line of code you write will be appreciated by major Internet players and the end-users that rely on them. You'll demonstrate your dynamic coding ability across a diverse set of languages and technologies. Demonstrating your deep understanding of architecture, you'll foresee and plan for changes, and be a top-notch communicator along the way. Other developers, product managers, and senior managers will look to you to translate complex, technical concepts so that the collective team understands the vision, supports it, and are on track to achieve the ongoing product goals. StatusPage is scaling rapidly and this team has the largest open runway.
Once onboard, you'll technically lead a small team taking ops projects from concept through to launch. You will play in integral role in designing and developing operational improvements that will help us keep stellar uptime and reliability so the Internet can stay honest around uptime. You'll work to harden our platform so we can grow by 100x and not miss a beat. You'll be involved in evolving and implementing our disaster recovery solution. You are steadfast, and you're unflappable when on call. You're a builder at heart and, ultimately, you will help define what it means to provide status updates for the Internet.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- An extensive background in developing and operating large-scale cloud-based distributed applications
- Direct experience developing/running Rails on AWS and are well-versed in standard methodologies and patterns
- Laser focus and be able to design infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability, and operational excellence
- The ability to "fix the plane while in flight" (not just support greenfield solutions)
- The ability to prioritize existing technical and infrastructure debt, and experience to build and execute a plan to pay it off
- Proven expertise working with others to drive alignment between architecture projects and product roadmap
In return, you will have the opportunity to:
- Ask tough questions and develop your pragmatic approach to decision-making
- Demonstrate your deep understanding of technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, Postgres, Ruby and Rails.
- Continue to grow your skills in running secure and scalable applications for highly available, multi-region, AWS deployments
- Teach and influence engineers and other team mates
- Build incredible software on a highly-effective TEAM
More about our team
- StatusPage is a small, close-knit, team that runs as a startup within Atlassian
- We've recently rolled out Varnish in front of our stack and indexed all of our data with ElasticSearch, the next nine months we'll be focusing on moving to Dockerized blue/green deployments
- One of our core values before joining Atlassian was "Choose Humility", the team does a great job of living that value
When we're firing on all cylinders we're shipping code 3 times a day, iterating on what we're building between product and dev daily and all our builds are green
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and bubbly), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 40,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
Atlassian. Powered by you.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top