JIRA Cloud Architect (Java / AWS)
As a SaaS Applications Architect for Jira, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools with over 85,000 customers.
You will be a technical leader in shaping the Jira product roadmap as we decisively shift the architecture to a more modern horizontally scalable, cloud native environment. Now it's time to fully embrace the power and advantage of being in the cloud and drive our development process in ways not before possible.
You'll not only be working in, but will actively shape, our maturing and fast paced SaaS environment. Our Architects shape and mould the guiding engineering principles that directly inform how we architect and build our services; what things should we worry about when designing a new service, and what things shouldn't we? What does the painted picture for the future of cloud development look like and how do we get there?
- Designing and developing software, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s)
- Bringing your SaaS technical expertise to head-scratching architectural design problems at scale (2M+ MAU)
- Providing technical coaching, guidance and leadership across our Engineering teams always striving to raise standards
- Discover and troubleshoot issues with the existing architecture and code dipping into your tech toolbox of algorithms and data structures to solve complex challenges
- Help cut through the noise and bringing a steady hand of pragmatism whilst also pushing the boundaries of what we can build together
- Balance the need to build and implement scalable and robust systems with a focus on keeping simplicity for our end-users front of mind
- Someone who just gets s#^t done!
- Battle hardened experience of SaaS software design, and OO design skills
- Natural acumen around building resilient, scalable systems (micro-services for high availability)
- Experience leading software developers using current tools and following current practices specifically in Cloud Platform technologies (AWS experienced preferred)
- At least 8 years experience in a software development role, including 2+ years at Architect level
- Natural ability to move between varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to detailed implementation
- Profiling and improving performance of Java applications from threading, memory management, container optimization
- Experience with modern REST API based architectures and supporting their implementation in a large technology eco-system
- Strong organizational and communication skills with experience of developing and instilling a culture of broad product ownership
- Broad knowledge of software industry and technology
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top