Atlassian’s mission of “Unleash the potential of every team” is the guiding light behind what we do. We have developed well-known products (Jira, Confluence, Trello etc …), that fit in the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams, and the processes to help every team succeed. Our Team Playbook
includes some of the best practices to maximize the potential of every team and is used by our customers as well as those who have never used in Atlassian product.
Atlassian is creating a new Technical Program Management organization within it’s engineering division and we’re looking for someone to build the team, establish new standard ways of working and work closely with the CTO and the leadership team to ensure that strategic technical initiatives are successful. You will be a key participant in influencing the technical strategy, setting program delivery standards and aligning programs with our business objectives. This new team will play a critical role executing high-impact company-wide initiatives and continuously improving process to increase the effectiveness of our engineering organization.
As the founding member of the team, you will have an opportunity to shape a modern technical program management organization. The goal will be to steer the organization through growth and improve the velocity in the journey towards our long term goals. The role offers a unique challenge of finding alignment by creating guardrails and removing barriers to make our teams go even faster.
You will be leading, mentoring and growing a team of TPMs and managers who focus on partnering with approximately 1,000 engineers to deliver cloud products and solutions to millions of our users worldwide. The position requires direct partnership with our most senior engineering leaders to strategically deliver on our most important programs. As a people leader, you’ll be motivating and encouraging your team by developing career growth plans and help to define the career ladder in this new organization.
A successful candidate will have a solid track record of technical program and project management and will have demonstrated excellent leadership, along with superior organizational and communication skills in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. In addition, the right candidate will possess learning agility to learn and understand business strategy, product direction and technical architecture, so they can make decisions to accelerate initiatives at any level of depth.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of leadership experience on program management and/or software development teams
- Prior hands-on experience in software development as a member or leader of a development team
- High proficiency in planning, collaboration, communication, and reporting tools
- Personally managed complex and large scale, cross-team, cross-functional initiatives where you’ve:
- Worked with with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources
- Tracked progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders
- Driven large improvements across the projects that you’ve been involved with
- Experience leading TPM teams for well-respected technology companies that have become leaders in their space by a combination of building game changing products, success in building high-performing teams, and use of technology as a competitive enabler
- Experience in attracting and retaining the brightest minds from all backgrounds, while cultivating the power of a diverse organization
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions
- Excellent trade-off management in achieving tactical and strategic objectives
- Ability to exercise technical judgment in solving software engineering challenges.
- Experience with SaaS on public cloud
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.