Head of Strategic Accounts and Scaled Agile Sales, EMEA
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
A year ago, we acquired a clear market leader in software for Enterprise Agile Planning/Agile Program and Portfolio Management – AgileCraft – now called Jira Align. Jira Align integrates seamlessly with Jira (the standard for team agile/collaboration with millions of users) and other Atlassian offerings to help large enterprises connect their teams and work to strategy. Our solution enables transparent collaboration across Portfolio, Program/Dev and Product organizations, ensuring that everyone is working together on the highest value initiatives while predictably, rapidly delivering only what matters most. We uniquely help enterprises harness the true power of Agility, dramatically reduce their time to market, increase quality, decrease costs, and better serve their customers with innovative products and services. Atlassian powers digital transformations for the World’s greatest organizations.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to help author the go-to-market definition and execute Atlassian’s Jira Align/Strategic Accounts initiative in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Region. There is simply not a more exciting and hugely impactful strategic sales management opportunity anywhere!
This role is ideally based in our Amsterdam office , however for the right candidate can also be based out of London, UK
- Part market maker, part operator, and part general manager – and will build a regional strategy passionate about outcome-based selling and growing existing/new customers for the long term.
- You will recruit, enable, and mentor the field sales organization to drive day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for strategic opportunities to engage our customers in assisting their adoption of Agile at Scale.
- You will work closely with a global team to establish clear goals for your team, including quotas.
- You will ensure that your team is leading opportunities effectively throughout the sales cycle and practicing good pipeline hygiene.
- You will be encouraged to plan and allocate for the best use of team resources in order to meet goals and quota.
- As the voice of the customer, your ability to establish executive relationships will influence product teams to help evolve solutions that address real business challenges, concerns, and requests.
- To be successful, you will need to analyze and determine key customer insights from business drivers, market trends and customer feedback, and operating metrics.
- The role will require working with the overall ecosystem to help secure lighthouse customers, drive top-line revenue for new services, and develop strategic partnerships.
- Assist in authoring how Atlassian evolves sales processes and structures for scale.
- Work cross-functionally with other leaders in the Atlassian family (marketing, channel, SE, services, support, product management and finance/legal) to ensure your EMEA team is fully educated on the benefits of Scaled Agile, Atlassian’s unparalleled technology offering as well as guaranteeing ultimate success in their digital/agile transformations.
- Define and implement a clear vision for strategic accounts across EMEA and plan/communicate regularly on funnel/account/territory status, resource requirements, challenges, and successes.
- Regularly bring to bear leading tools and technology – Salesforce, the G-Suite, Slack, Zoom, etc – to work effectively both virtually/remotely and on-premise with your customers.
- Partner, partner, partner! At Atlassian, we know outstanding accomplishments are the result of phenomenal teamwork, and success at the enterprise level “takes a community”. Work closely and openly with Atlassian partner management as well as directly with our partners who range from the world’s largest IT service providers to other sales and service firms of all shapes and sizes.
- “Be the change you seek” and demonstrate unselfish leadership while helping Atlassian to continuously improve our ability to better serve our marketplace.
- And never, ever &@%# the customer!
Required Skills, Characteristics
- Demonstrated track record of building a great TEAM in EMEA by being engaged, proactive, and present.
- Over-achievement throughout your career as a result of building strong, deep relationships with F1000 and/or G2000 organizations and their senior management.
- As a self-starter willing to operate in a multifaceted way, you should also have experience in market development of cloud enterprise applications. The right candidate must possess top of the line leadership skills with the ability to execute on key business initiatives
- A minimum enterprise selling experience of 20 years, with at least 10 years in a sales leadership role, while working in field sales for software companies passionate about Digital Transformation, agile PPM, ERP, BI, or other enterprise solutions.
- A history of working effectively in multi-channel, multi-product firms where internal/external bridge-building and partnering is a crucial quality.
- Excellent eye for business. You understand how to position, sell, and negotiate value, calculate Return On Investment, and you are deeply trained in strategic selling.
- You are a professional who has mastered executive communication.
- You are Humble, Hungry and Smart (with a big EQ)
- While highly proficient and confident, you remain approachable and strive to be the very best in your sales leader profession. Your ego is fully in-check.
- You are never satisfied until your region's customers are enthusiastic references and your team is exceeding expectations.
- Along with the above, you have an acute sense of responsibility and accountability. We have ambitious goals and you need you to execute relentlessly to “get stuff done”!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top