Head of Product Management, Ecosystem
Atlassian's development tools, like JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, StatusPage and HipChat, help teams develop their products faster, smarter and more reliably. We want to bring that advantage to every development team in the world. Atlassian's tools are already used by millions of people in thousands of teams across the world. If you want to improve the way teams work, there's no better way to do it than with the Atlassian Development Platform.
The Atlassian Marketplace is one of the largest developer app stores globally and has generated over $200 million in app sales since launching. Our developer ecosystem partners have made millions of dollars through Atlassian Marketplace. As the head of product management for Atlassian's Developer Ecosystem business, you'll be a great fit if you’re passionate about developer communities, product experience and merchandising. You should be a product visionary who is always thinking about the overall product strategy and how it ties into business objectives. Your experience demonstrates that in addition meticulous attention to customer experience, you focus on success metrics that include conversion, NPS and overall revenue.
You will be responsible for contributing to Atlassian's Developer Ecosystem top-line growth by creating marketplace product capabilities that enable our customers to find the right apps for their specific needs. Additionally, your insights and experience around e-commerce and merchandising will help define product capabilities to effectively manage promotions and drive adoption of solutions built around our core products complemented by our ecosystem partners. You should understand product search, personalization and merchandising best practices and be ready to provide ecosystem product leadership across Atlassian.
You will also be responsible for driving the vision and delivering an interactive and best-in-class developer portal. As such, you will define our product roadmap to enable increased developer acquisition and accelerate developer onboarding. All of this will help the ecosystem enable massive innovation around team productivity.
Your technical insights and platform understanding will help form our overall API and services strategy along with our product teams, enabling the ecosystem to accelerate innovation of capabilities for our customers, driving new app/add-on creation, new customers, and increased loyalty among our existing customer base.
You should have a proven track record defining product strategies around e-commerce and help to grow revenue. You should also have a strong understanding of developer ecosystems with keen insights into what developers need to build on a platform.
- Develop and manage overall product strategy and roadmaps for the developer ecosystem business, and guide the teams associated with executing them
- Work collaboratively with our ecosystem vendors and the marketing team to define merchandising capabilities and tools on our Marketplace site
- Act as the resident expert for 3rd party services that can help deliver the best in class developer portal and marketplace experience to our developers and customers
- Work collaboratively with the Atlassian product teams to ensure the right APIs/Services are available to our developer community
- Work closely with the Atlassian design team to ensure our marketplace and developer portal experiences are intuitive and enjoyable to use...own the experience!
- Manage our backlogs / roadmap and work closely with engineering on feature definition and execution
- Develop the product management team and provide leadership within the team as well as across the ecosystem organization
- Contribute significantly to the company strategy, leadership and culture
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 12+ years of related experience in product management building consumer or end-user facing web applications
- Experience building developers / platform programs and delivering APIs / Services to developers
- No bullshit communicator, who listens carefully and communicates clearly
Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Ability to quickly develop credibility at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage a distributed teams across multiple projects simultaneously, while still delivering razzle-dazzle as an individual
- Ability to make operational management decisions in response to changing objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and provide consistent, high-quality output
- Ability to understand Atlassian strategies, markets and products, and apply those to marketing efforts
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on “going big”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top