Head of People Partners, APAC
Are you eager to use your Human Resources expertise, people skills, and analytical prowess at a place where you can have a huge impact?
We’re on the hunt for a dynamic, HR superstar to lead the APAC HR team and to add to our successful Global HR People Partner Team. As we scale we are continuing to evolve the way we are doing things, this is a unique opportunity for someone who thrives in the world of HR (the good, the interesting, the amazing) and the excitement that it brings.
As a pivotal role as part of our broader HR transformation, you’ll be able to readily adapt to any situation and are excited to roll-up your sleeves and create something new. You’ll be able to be both strategic and tactical and love working in a team! You will deliver on our global people team priorities and operational plan in close partnership with the Global HR Business Partner team. You will work closely with our central HR functions to deliver solutions to your clients. You'll also have the chance to demonstrate significant initiative, engage your curiosity and desire to challenge the status quo in favor of new and better ways of doing things.
In this role you'll get to:
- Lead our HR People Partners in Australia, India, Phillipines and Turkey, driving them towards their goals’, and enabling the team to operate effectively by providing appropriate knowledge, access to relevant information & tools, guidance on prioritisation, and coaching as needed.
- Lead and set the vision for HR within your region, working in partnership with other the global HR team and regional HR people partners, COE leaders and the business.
- Play a key role in setting the new standard for HR and helping to reshape, drive, and establish the HR model and culture moving forward
- Drive the implementation of HR programs and initiatives (e.g. total rewards planning, OCP, employee relations, L&D, etc.) regionally, executing through a matrix of local HR people partners across the APAC region
- Roll up your sleeves focus with regional leaders to establish, deploy and execute upon business process, strategy and capability building; aligning, leading and empowering local HR people partners to drive and deploy with clients across region.
- Work closely with COE teams to analyse trends and metrics utilising data-driven insights improve to existing programs and initiatives including optimising market competitiveness, rewards and recognition that drives the hiring and retention of top talent within various markets
- Be an escalation point and effectively resolve complex employee relations issues within legal framework, as well as Atlassian Values
- Provide change leadership for global talent initiatives
- Understand the business strategy, the HR goals as well as the external environment in the region and develop/implement Regional HR initiatives in partnership with the US/EMEA / Global HR Center of Excellences
- Build the HR function - ID gaps in the HR team and address them. Plan for growth in region by ensuring the HR skillsets stay ahead of that pace. Ensure local HR talent are connected to global counterparts
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years HR leadership experience across multiple counties where HR is been as a true business partner
- Must have experience leading a HR team in India with a sound understanding of the market, culture and employment law implications
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Human Resources or related field
- Competent in advising on issues that have Australian, Philippines, Japan, Turkey and India employment law implications
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective on-going relationships through all levels of the organisation including executives, business partners, line operations and peers
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced and matrix environment
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently, demonstrating ownership and self-sufficiency for project management
- Excellent English (written, verbal) and interpersonal skills
More about our team
On the Atlassian People team, we use an analytical, data inclined approach to tackle problems, build programs, and help Atlassians constantly improve upon how they work. You’ll work with a team that partners with business and technology teams to ensure our employees are innovating at their peak, leading teams and guiding their amazing people.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top