Head of Marketing, Ecosystem
Atlassian's development tools, like JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, StatusPage and HipChat, help teams develop their products faster, smarter and more reliably. We want to bring that advantage to every development team in the world. Atlassian's tools are already used by millions of people in thousands of teams across the world. If you want to improve the way teams work, there's no better way to do it than with the Atlassian Development Platform.
The Atlassian Marketplace is one of the largest developer app stores globally and has generated over $200 million in app sales since launching. Our developer ecosystem partners have made millions of dollars through Atlassian Marketplace. As the head of marketing for Atlassian's Developer Ecosystem business, you'll be a great fit if you’re passionate about marketing by telling great stories, you thrive on variety, and you roll your sleeves up with a scrappy and fast-paced approach. You will be responsible for contributing to Atlassian's Developer Ecosystem top-line growth you’ll create and execute GTM strategies including: driving our overall marketing and events calendar focused on both attracting developers to our program as well as driving success for our developers and customers. You will create and execute marketing programs to helping our customers discover and understand the value of add-ons that help their teams operate best. In doing so, you will be responsible for helping to accelerate growth of our $100 million annual business. You will also be responsible for growing awareness of our platform and solutions through marketing and PR programs with the objective of having massive developer awareness of our platform.
You should have a proven track record executing marketing programs that drive online revenue growth, developer engagement and brand awareness. You should view merchandising the right apps to the right customers as something that takes creativity, passion and impeccable execution skills.
- Develop and manage overall global marketing plans for the developer ecosystem business, and guide the teams associated with executing them
- Create broad go-to-market campaigns and themes that grow marketplace sales and brand strength in the market for customized team solutions
- Guide all direct marketing demand-generation tactics, including advertising, search marketing, content marketing, PR, and field/events marketing
- Along with the head of the ecosystem business, be a primary spokesperson and figurehead for Atlassian Ecosystem
- Guide design and online strategies, helping deliver superior performance and constantly improving conversion
- Manage the marketing budget associated with all ecosystem marketing activities and direct the spend to associated teams to execute plans you create and shape
- Lead all marketing communications, public relations and social media strategies
- Contribute significantly to the company strategy, leadership and culture
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 12+ years of related experience in building marketing, demand generation and demand conversion teams that consistently deliver shock-and-awe results. Experience building developers / platform programs and marketing to developers
- No bullshit communicator, who listens carefully and communicates clearly
Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Ability to quickly develop credibility at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage a distributed teams across multiple projects simultaneously, while still delivering razzle-dazzle as an individual
- Ability to make operational management decisions in response to changing objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and provide consistent, high-quality output
- Ability to understand Atlassian strategies, markets and products, and apply those to marketing efforts
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on “going big”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top