Head of Global CRM Operations
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic, high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a $400m+, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy customers convert to paying customers, building a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 60,000 customers to date. We believe that there is an opportunity to more actively engage with our customers through "Smart Touch" - specific, valuable outbound engagements that will lead to higher conversions and incremental bookings throughout the Customer lifecycle. That's where you come in. We're looking for a Head of Global CRM Operations who will lead the implementation of the operational framework in support of “Smart Touch”.
Here's an idea of the kinds of things you'll get to do:
- Work with key stakeholders and management in Sales Strategy, the Channel Sales organization, Inside Sales and other cross-functional teams at Atlassian to review their key priorities, assess business impact of their projects and required investment, and prioritize implementation across programs/projects. Your goal is to have all these actors agree to a prioritization for all program/project launches on an ongoing basis.
- Drive end-to-end project/program launch management. As a hands-on manager, you will lead a team of business process leads who will incubate every prioritized project. You will ensure the business value of every project is quantified and that measurable success metrics have been defined. You will drive clarity of requirements and will ask questions to validate business impact of what gets implemented and to ensure that the solution will stand the test of time. You will define a solution composed of business processes, systems infrastructure and/or shared services execution.
- You will work closely with IT and other business partners throughout the implementation. You will be accountable for delivering all projects on time and ensure key team mates and program owners are involved/accountable for launch through go-live.
- In year one, you will be leading a small team to deliver new Quote-to-Order processes for Channel Partners, Inside Sales and Renewal Sales teams, as well as channel partner enablement infrastructure (Partner Portal, Deal Registration, Lead Management), etc... to improve the ability of our sales organization to drive incremental bookings.
- You will conduct “Smart Touch” experiments based on suggestions from the Sales Strategy team. Rapidly deployed tests that will allow us to validate whether new types of “touch” will enhance conversion and drive incremental bookings.
You will build out a set of repeatable processes/procedures to assess projects, drive prioritization and execute on implementation.
More about you
- Minimum of 10 years of ever-increasing responsibility in Sales Operations or enterprise systems implementation project management within a SaaS company or in a consulting environment.
- Tact and negotiation skills to drive senior business partners to agreement on prioritization.
- Excellent business acumen. You’ve been around the block and have developed such a deep understanding of B2B sales that you’re ready to design your own CRM. In-depth experience with Quote-to-Cash processes, channels and/or inside sales a plus.
- You have a knack for conceptual solution design and revere Agile methodologies. We will conduct lots of experiments and count on you to fail fast, but succeed often.
- Experience rolling out significant programs within a sales or quote-to-cash organization, from project justification (return on investment) to requirements gathering, solution design, cross-functional execution to launch and change management.
- An in-depth understanding of what it takes to get IT projects delivered, specifically CRM solutions like Salesforce.com, quoting tools like Steelbrick, etc... This role requires in-depth collaboration with IT and a good understanding of application architecture, development trade-offs and timelines is critical.
- You see opportunities for improvement everywhere around you and are ready to swimlane them all out.
- An acute sense of ownership and responsibility. We have ambitious plans and need you to execute passionately and drive projects to conclusion. You get $#!t done.
- Communication skills and executive presence that would make Bill Clinton jealous.
- The leadership skills to build and motivate a small team of visionary business process managers.
- Bachelors Degree required.
More about our team
The Sales Strategy & Operations team's mission is obsessed with understanding how different customers evaluate and purchase Atlassian products. Based on that foundation, we identify moments in the customer decision-making process where we can apply "Smart Touch": valuable human or automated interactions, which help customers make better decisions, ultimately resulting in higher bookings for Atlassian.
Atlassian. Powered by you.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top