Head of Diversity and Belonging
- San Francisco, CA
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
We’re on the hunt for an innovative Head of Diversity & Belonging (D&B) to lead Atlassian’s global D&B program. In this role, you will build the strategy and roadmap to scale Atlassian's ability to build balanced teams and provide a sense of belonging for everyone. Reporting into the Head of Strategy and Sustainability, you will sit in San Francisco on the People Team. Given Atlassians outstanding growth, with over 3,500 Atlassians spread across 14 offices worldwide, this role has the opportunity to have impact at Atlassian and across the tech industry as a whole!
- Strategy: build the roadmap for Atlassian to achieve its D&B goals, including operational plans.
- People Programs: Integrate a D&B lens across all people programs including Talent Management, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, People Operations and HR Business Partners.
- Leadership Mentoring: Design development programs to equip the leadership team with the tools to drive D&B practices throughout the organization.
- Analytics: Partner with People Analytics and Total Rewards to develop, and monitor metrics assessing the impact of initiatives and test for bias.
- Reporting: Oversee internal and external D&B reporting which includes annual compliance and transparency reporting.
- Talent Acquisition: Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers in building Atlassian’s talent brand and ability to attract diverse candidates to join our team.
- Employee Engagement: Develop an employee engagement strategy to help build our D&B communities and culture.
- Product and Communications: Provide subject matter expertise to our product teams and collaborate with our marketing and communications teams to ensure we are sharing what we know and being open about our D&B journey.
- External Collaboration: Participate in multilateral, policy, or tech industry initiatives to ensure Atlassian uses its leadership voice and knowledge to build a more equitable world.
- Dedicated to data insights: proficient in data analysis and application
- Connector and Collaborator: capable of working with and through others to integrate and implement global programs
- Influencer: can expertly identify issues that need to be addressed and diplomatically advocate internally and externally
- Leader with a point of view: studies trends in the space, monitors current events and applies that insight to strategy
- Innovator: creatively disrupts how the industry looks at D&B, and doesn't just follow a pre-existing playbook, and can execute in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment
- Communicator: outstanding communicator and coach, shows empathy, emotional intelligence, and judgement -which make for a trusted partner
- Years: 5+ years experience crafting, building and leading measurable and scalable D&B -focused programs and initiatives
- Expertise: Strong understanding of industry benchmarks, leading practices and innovations in D&B
- Strategy to Execution: developed a strategy, translated that into a roadmap and led successful execution of programs
- Partnership Management: success guiding leadership and influencing partners throughout an organization
- Change Management: Ability to evolve organizational structures (policies, practices, procedures, products, employee groups) and culture.
- Global: work with global and/or remote teams is ideal
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top