Head of Design - Opsgenie
- Bengaluru, India
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
We're looking for a Head of Design to help build a new and modern Incident Management platform. In this role, you'll be responsible for building and managing a design team to improve existing functionality and building new features. The core product you’ll be leading is Opsgenie helping shape our approach to Incident Management for both IT Ops and DevOps.
Ideally, you are also passionate about making people better; you provide support and mentorship to your team in constructive ways that encourage, energise, and increase their quality of work. If you have the drive and passion to steer the strategic design direction, and grow Design at Atlassian in Bengaluru, then this role could be for you!
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket, to name a few). We're making a meaningful investment in experience design, endeavouring to make Atlassian products essential for all teams.
As a design leader for Opsgenie, you will:
- Be a strategic partner of the Opsgenie leadership team, working closely with the Heads of Engineering and Product to define the product strategy and roadmap.
- Be a site-lead for the IT design team in Bengaluru working closely the Jira Service Desk design manager and designers to ensure Design’s success in BLR. Responsibilities here include:
- Have an understanding of product metrics and translate goals to the design teams.
- Lead the overall design vision that enhances our business goals across the company.
- Establish, and maintain, a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design of our products
- Create and share our product design strategy through storytelling with great presentations skills.
- Be a tireless innovator. With a pulse on the constantly changing strategy and trends in product design, you will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within your product.
- Build and lead a talented and high-performing team of designers with a passion for developing others, you'll coach and encourage your team towards success and cohesion.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have 15+ years of professional UX design experience.
- Harness your significant experience (7+ years) leading and managing a team.
- Help grow those around you and challenge them to perform at their best.
- Have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software.
- Demonstrate a record of shipping simple, beautiful software.
More about the team
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for delivering across the entirety of the design process, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. Ideally you are really strong in at least one design-focused skill, have an interest to improve in many other areas and are humble enough to always ask questions and learn more.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Back to top