Head of Design Operations
Do you thrive on making high performing teams hum? Do you have experience driving powerful operational strategy, and a knack for keeping busy people accountable and productive?
Join us! Atlassian is searching for a Head of Design Operations to help our talented design team scale. We're open for you to be based in either our Sydney HQ or our SF/MTV offices.
As a Head of Design Operations at Atlassian, you will:
- Join Atlassian's design leadership team as a critical driver of our organization's success: we have nearly 200 folks on our design team, with offices across Sydney, Austin, San Francisco, and Mountain View.
- Deliver the highest quality work in the leanest way: despite our growing global reach and strong user base, we aim to stay fast-moving and nimble, with a bias for action.
- Elevate Atlassian's design organization through driving top quality across our tooling, goal setting and tracking (specifically, OKRs), and other critical components to our operational muscle
In year one, you will:
- Assume operational accountability for the design team, driving us towards excellence as we scale.
- Architect a strategy for excellence, improving (and in many cases, creating) processes across the team's yearly plan, annual and regular events, meeting cadence, scaling the craft,
- Ensure the design team's strategy for operation and growth is closely tied (and harmonious with) our cross-functional counterparts: engineering and product.
- Build close ties and cross-functional collaboration methods with stakeholders across HR, Recruitment, Finance, Legal, etc.
In order to be successful in this role, you:
- Love operations. You're organized, proactive, and thrive in the details–even as you work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Are an excellent communicator. You know how to connect with people all over the globe at various levels of seniority, and you're comfortable calling "BS" if you see it - even with execs.
- Know how to strike the balance on just enough process; you know what will help a team run effectively, and know how to introduce change in a way that helps make us faster and more confident.
In terms of experience, this means:
- You've worked at least 10 years in an operational capacity–ideally this includes a large, complex environment.
- You've led and managed a small team–likely at least 4+ over several years.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top