Head of Design, Bitbucket
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride, to name a few.). We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavoring to make Atlassian products essential for all Teams. We're expanding our global design organization and searching for passionate, talented designers to help us.
Are you a design leader with the passion for designing developer experiences? We are looking for a leader for the Bitbucket Cloud design team. Bitbucket is the Git solution for professional teams, trusted by over 1 million teams and 6 million users. We are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft that magic in delivering their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity. The primary focus of your role will be to help grow and scale the design team, ensure we are focused on the right problems and staying true to shipping valued experiences to our customers. You'll work closely and collaboratively with your engineering and product management triad teammates to remove any roadblocks, and facilitate fast execution and timely decision-making.
As a Head of Design at Atlassian, you will:
- Be a strategic partner of the Bitbucket product's triad leadership team, working closely with our Engineering and Product leaders to define product strategy and roadmap for Bitbucket.
- Assume ownership for the overall experience quality of Bitbucket, continuing to build on existing foundations as well as envisioning its' future.
- Be a tireless innovator. With a pulse on the constantly changing strategy and trends in product design, you will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within your org.
- Lead and manage a talented and high-performing team of designers across San Francisco, Sydney and Austin, TX. With a passion for developing others, you'll coach and inspire your team towards success and cohesion.
To be successful in this role, ideally:
- You have 13+ years of professional UX design experience
- Experience leading the design of a technical product, ideally for a developer audience
- You'll harness your significant experience (7+ years) leading and managing a senior-level team
- You have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software
- You're able to demonstrate a record of shipping simple, beautiful software
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete user experience, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. We're dedicated to agile methodology and are believers in 'lean', which means we despise documentation for documentation's sake. Committed to creating the best experience for our users, we do our very best at all times to validate assumptions with various types of testing.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
Back to top