Head of Analytics
We're on the hunt for a senior analytics leader to lead Atlassian's behavioral analytics function. Reporting to the Head of Growth, this role is at the center of our 'data informed' approach to building great products that our customers love.
In this role, you will lead a team of analysts to shape Atlassian's modeling and understanding of how our customers use our services. You'll be the key partner to our product and marketing leaders, helping them gain deeper insight in to our business and use that insight to make great decisions. You will also be the owner of how we model our acquisition, activation, and retention funnel - guiding the definition of metrics and ensuring those metrics and definitions are used consistently throughout the company.
We're looking for someone who is deeply data driven and able to use their influence to improve Atlassian's usage of the data it has while building out new data to answer deeper questions.
- Develop a comprehensive behavioral analytics strategy for the company
- Develop frameworks, models, tools and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into all key decision-making
- Define key funnel steps and modelling of our business from a behavioral perspective
- Audit compliance with key definitions to ensure everyone speaks the same language
- Be a driver of overall Atlassian marketing and product strategy by thinking beyond immediate analysis to understand how data could be used differently or new data could inform our approach
- Influence business leaders to increase the importance of data in their decision-making
- Be a key partner to data engineering to drive development of analytical tools and dashboards, and finance to assure alignment of budgets and goals
- Bridge financial metrics and behavioral metrics in a way that allows all stakeholders to understand their interactions
- Lead in identification and implementation of key analytics projects to promote growth in our customer base and value through better understanding and testing our customer funnels, engagement pathways, and loyalty drivers
- Use data to develop new statistical models to improve our ability to synthesize and extract insights from large volumes of data and from A/B tests
- Build a roadmap for development of our models of the Atlassian business to improve our understanding of the way our business grows and the levers that drive that growth
- Use our data to produce newsworthy insight that can be used by our marketing team
You are an experienced analytics leader who owns important project areas from start to finish. You influence entire organizations with the work you do. That work includes defining an important roadmap of data work and executing upon it. You are technical but mostly hands off. You wear a product manager hat to make your projects easily successful.You should be great at:
- Understanding products and how user behavior can be measured
- Working with PMs, PMMs, engineers and designers to understand where data can be helpful
- Leading and prioritizing projects
- Growing analysts and data scientists
- Using data to help the business measure and succeed, not to show them they've failed
- Experience leading data science or analytics at a multi-million user business
- The ability to tell a story with data and sell the long term benefits of analytics implementation efforts
- Demonstrated experience in working with product and marketing to increase the value of data
- Experience leading and developing analytical teams
- Expertise in SQL
- An MBA
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Proficiency in a statistical computing language (R/Stata/SAS/Matlab/Python)
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top