Group Program Manager, Platform
Atlassian's Program Management team is on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Your impact is amplified beyond delivery through your ability to advance the program management craft. Together, the team develops and applies practices, plays, and agile frameworks, to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams.
As the Senior Manager, Program Management for our Platform organization, you will lead a team of program managers to drive all global programs on behalf of Platform end to end. Key components of this work include driving Platform adoption into our cloud products (including Jira, Confluence, BitBucket and more!), which account for a majority of Atlassian's R&D investment, and leading collaboration amongst the Platform leadership team.
You’ll be responsible for helping your team prioritize their work across the program, and setting each individual and the collective team up for continued success. You are a big picture thinker who's able to dive deep into the details across every aspect of software development. You understand how a large scale business operates, and are able to hold your own in high level, high stakes, strategic decision making sessions. You'll nail it if you can spot the challenges the organization will face ahead of time and do your part in managing them.
On your first day you will be:
- Managing a Mountain View and Sydney based Global Program Management team.
- Driving long term planning, decision making, tracking and high level reporting including clear communications on priorities, high level estimates and headcount requirements.
- Driving end-to-end execution across multiple teams working on Cloud Platform's key programs, and ensuring all dependencies are managed.
- Create, test, and iterate on practices for effective dependency management for the whole of Atlassian. Drive best practices for cross-team collaboration and ensure the customer’s end to end experience is looked after.
- Working with your team to map and own the delivery of town halls, quarterly business reviews, leadership off-sites and other planning sessions.
More about your background:
- You'll have7+ years of relevant professional experience.
- You’re an experienced collaborator and a great communicator, with demonstrated organizational skills.
- You know when to run with something on your own and when to ask for help.
- You have experience turning strategy into executable plans, experience in project management, know how to manage complex projects.
- You have experience leading a highly effective team of diverse backgrounds.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top