Group Product Manager, Jira Cloud
If you live and breathe building great PM teams and user experiences, have strong technical chops, love solving hard problems and relish variety, Atlassian has a super opportunity for you. As a Group Product Manager for Jira, you'll be growing the product team responsible for the Jira user experience, product roadmap and vision. You will work with development teams based in Sydney to define, build and champion Jira Cloud Platform and features.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience in product management at a fast-growing software company.
- At least 5 years experience of running a product team.
- A love for developing and mentoring Product Managers both individually and as part of a cohesive outcome oriented team.
- Passion and ability to coach and guide teams so they can understand the big picture and how their work fits in.
- A strong track record of growing high performing teams that hit their goals.
- Experience working closely with design and development teams that deliver delightful customer experiences.
- Communication, networking, and stakeholder management skills for the purpose of interacting with a wide variety of people and functions. This role often requires you to socialise thoughts and recommendations for a group to process and commit to. There is a need to communicate with credibility to developers, designers, and senior management. All requiring the ability to tailor different communication styles to be able to connect with people effectively.
- Passion for users and user experience design.
- Creativity in problem solving combined with an anything is possible attitude.
- Ability to expertly marry qualitative and quantitative inputs to form deep customer insight.
- Ability to think long term strategically as well as get engaged in the day to day execution detail.
- A track record that includes shipping significant changes that improve user experience and Monthly Active User counts.
- Analytical abilities to understand complex systems and gather and assess meaningful insights and share the results. Naturally inquisitive, you love digging deeper to truly understand why.
- Ability to make high quality decisions quickly in situations with ambiguity.
- Technical knowledge and ability to learn complex, technical topics quickly and explain them simply. You can understand the trade-offs of implementation and help your dev teams to make the right call.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Computer Science or a related technical degree
- B2C experience
- Growth hacking experience
- Mad SQL skills (totally ok if they're rusty these days)
More about our team
Our team is defined by our connection to customers along every stage of the process. We empathise with their struggles and are passionate about creating solutions to understand, validate, and solve their problems. Collaboration is our glue, whether it is working with engineering, design, project management and product marketing. From the smallest details to two year planning and vision, we’re the meeting point of business, technology and customer solutions — and we love it every step of the way.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top