Global Head of Procurement
We are looking for an experienced and strategic leader to build a world-class, global procurement function at Atlassian.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to define the vision, grow a function from its nascent stage, and make a huge impact on a fast growing and profitable software business at scale ($500M+ revenue run-rate and 1,700+ employees at 6 global locations).
You’ll define and manage end-to-end procurement processes to ensure competitiveness, limit risk, and drive cost-efficiency to increase shareholder value while also building your team and streamlining processes to establish cross functional alignment, operational success and global scalability. The role requires a close partnership with various business stakeholders in developing and executing procurement strategies across all spending categories. In addition to your partnership with the business, you would also work closely with our finance, accounting, risk, legal and IT teams in successfully building out this capability for Atlassian. You will develop and manage our global supplier base as well as vendor management system to ensure that suppliers have the capabilities that Atlassian requires to thrive in a rapid growth environment. You will also define KPIs to measure benefits from the strategic sourcing process and ensure that benefits are sustained and extended during the period of the contracts (post sourcing) through ongoing improvement strategies and initiatives. You will have an integral role in educating the business about best practices in selecting suppliers, negotiating business terms and managing supplier relationships.
This is a highly visible role in the organization, ideally suited to candidates who are passionate about setting the vision and scaling a function from its early days, developing successful business partnerships and driving tangible operational and financial benefits.
More about you
We hope you love all things procurement from thought leadership to operational execution to delivering tangible financial benefits. Ideally, you are an accomplished professional with over 15 years of deep procurement and strategic sourcing experience, preferably in a global company environment. You should also have a working knowledge of finance processes and requirements, including internal controls. We also hope you come onboard with an understanding of procure-to-pay tools.
On your first day, we'll expect:
- Proven experience in scaling a procurement organization in a global growth business resulting in demonstrated cost savings, process efficiencies and successful partnerships
- Ability to develop and articulate a vision for the global procurement function that adapts best practices to fit Atlassian's specific needs and set (and execute against) priorities in support of that vision
- 15 years of end to end experience in procurement in roles of increasing responsibility
- Expert negotiation skills in the areas of both financial and business matters, including commercial terms for strategic contracts
- Experience building a team of high performers
- Strategic and critical thinking with ability to understand, translate (and as needed, refine) business cases to successful sourcing / vendor relationships
- Mastery over tools, techniques and processes that consistently deliver exemplary results in a procurement function
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills with ability to manage a varied and demanding workload…and willing to roll up your sleeves and work in a team-first environment
- An effective relationship builder with strong communication skills across all mediums and audiences
- A change agent: you demonstrate persistence and resilience in the face of multiple challenges as you drive to accomplish your goals
- Knowledgable about a broad range of spend categories as well as quick to develop mastery with respect to new areas
- A reputation for transparency, integrity and honesty
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Have a CPPM or similar professional accreditation
More about our team
Atlassian's procurement function is part of the global finance and strategy department, within the CFO organization. This role reports to the head of finance and strategy. You would be joining a talented and collaborative global team that is always growing, learning, and adapting. The finance and strategy team has a strong partnership with the business with responsibility for planning, pricing and business insights.
Atlassian. Powered by you.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top