Front End Developer - HipChat
In the past few years HipChat has become the chat tool loved by Whole Foods, Wired, NASA, WebMD, and thousands of other great companies. We've been shipping features like crazy but need people to help us take it to the next level.
Huge impact - Thousands of the brightest teams rely on HipChat to bring their companies together and get work done. You'll be designing, building, and shipping features that they'll love.
Independence - We're hiring great people and letting them do what they do best. No handholding or micromanaging. Plus, we actually use our 20% time and ShipIt days to build cool stuff.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software. We are looking for a frontend developer to build and enhance HipChat's web client. You will also support and enhance its integration into HipChat's popular Mac, Windows, and Linux desktop clients. You will be supported by robust backend systems, mature protocols, and an experienced team with a strong desire to build the best chat and collaboration platform on the market. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity. You'll need a solid technical prowess with incredible coding ability across a diverse set of languages and technologies. You will thrive on the ability to work under pressure.
What you do
- Develop functionality for HipChat's web client plus its integration into HipChat's native Mac, Windows, and Linux clients.
- Work with your product management counterpart to build the best experience for the end user.
- Break down problems into stories and tasks for you and your team to work on.
- Understand performance, scalability, and software development best practices, and implement them in the code you write.
- Work with designers to build a great user experience.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience building single page web applications.
- Experience using a variety of modern web technologies, including React, Gulp, Babel, NodeJS, and npm.
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience evaluating and adopting new technologies.
- Experience using analytics data to make decisions on architecture or UI.
- Familiarity with chat / messaging systems would be a huge bonus.
More about the perks
In 2015, Atlassian was awarded the #1 Best Place to Work in Australia for a second straight year—but the love doesn't stop there. We were also voted as the #1 Best Place to Work in Asia for two years running (small and medium size companies), #1 Best Place to Work in the Netherlands (large & multinational companies), and #2 in the US (medium size companies).
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 50,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
Atlassian. Powered by You.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Back to top