Enterprise Support Engineer, DevTools
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and most results-oriented tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is expanding to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Senior Enterprise Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customers' experience with our products, through advanced troubleshooting and helping our distributed team of engineers solve our more difficult problems.
We’re looking for engineers with a strong degree of emotional intelligence for the customer experience and excellent interpersonal skills. You will need to have a proven track record to de-escalate difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team. As a Senior Enterprise Support Engineer, you should have proven the ability to coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
You should exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively talk to a wide variety of people and roles from junior engineers to senior executives. You’ll need an ability to successfully handle your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency.
You seek creative solutions to technical problems with the following experience
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical enterprise support role, preferably in a software development environment dealing with Java/J2EE application troubleshooting
- You have experience configuring and troubleshooting Web application containers such as Tomcat, Jetty, etc.
- You have a general understanding of software development models (Agile, V-model, Waterfall) and methodologies (DevOps, RAD, Scrum, TDD, FDD)
- You have advanced knowledge of Version Control Systems such as git, Mercurial, SVN. Others are a plus
- You have experience with software development practices such as continuous integration and delivery
- Advanced relational database knowledge and experience with most common RDBMS (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL). Other database management systems are a plus
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Linux, MacOS, Windows). Advanced knowledge of Linux is a particular advantage
- Advanced knowledge and experience with scripting languages such as Bash/sh
- Java programming skills are a plus
- Advanced knowledge and use of REST APIs (other types of API are a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of computer networking (communication and transfer protocols such as SSL and TLS, proxies, firewalls, authentication and authorization protocols)
- Advanced LDAP knowledge. Similar level of knowledge for other directory information services is a plus
More about this role
- Handling global technical escalations to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Using professional written and verbal communications to the customer base to resolve application issues
- Resolving customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Creating and curating knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Performing case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Evaluating active tickets and monitoring queue health to prioritize between workload, strategic projects and other activities
- Building internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and priorities of our customers
- Advocating for our customers and influencing product direction through customer feedback
- Developing your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with domain expertise in all types of technologies across the Atlassian stack
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Back to top