Engineering Team Lead
Software Team Lead- BitBucket Cloud
As a Software Team Lead at Atlassian, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools with over 60,000 customers.
You will lead a team of kick-ass developers who work on bitbucket.org, our free source code hosting site!
You will be working in a fast paced SaaS environment. Every line of code you & your team write will touch a loyal fellow developer community of millions. Leading a team who are designing, implementing, monitoring, scaling and optimizing the code that powers Bitbucket.
- Design and develop new software applications, features, and frameworks for Bitbucket
- Build and improve Open Source Python/Django components
- Discover and troubleshoot issues with the existing architecture and code
- Work with UI developers and designers, with product managers for product and application innovation
- Polish & improve our existing UX/UI
Gain an understanding of all technologies used in the backend infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to: operating systems internals (POSIX UNIX in particular), networking (IP, routing, RPC), large scale data storage (SQL databases, highly scalable schema-less alternatives, as well as networked file systems), encryption and authentication protocols (OAuth, SSL)
You’ll be instrumental in growing and managing teams that thrive in a world where services development & delivery is moving faster than ever.
To be successful in this role; you’ll bring:
· Solid experience of developing, owning & operating mission critical cloud services
· Experience leading software developers using current tools and following current practices specifically in Cloud Platform technologies and with securing Cloud/Web based applications (AWS experienced preferred)
· At least 6 years experience in a software development role, including 2+ years managing a team(s)
· Experience practising contemporary software development methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, XP, etc.
· Strong organizational and communication skills with experience of developing & instilling a culture of broad product ownership
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the centre of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top