Engineering Manager- Product Fabric
As a Snr Team Lead/Engineering Manager at Atlassian, you will join an engineering-led company & award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools with over 60,000 customers. We're looking for experienced and talented technical leaders to help build the platform that powers Atlassian's Cloud products.
In short, you will be an instrumental in helping our customers get more even more done! The Product Fabric team at Atlassian is responsible for all shared collaboration services across the Atlassian product suite.
We empower customers to get work done regardless of product boundaries providing Atlassian's collaboration fabric services (such as Mentions, Shares, Tasks...) to internal product teams and to enable our third-party developer ecosystem to extend this capability to solve specific business problems.
This is both a people management & technical management position where you will lead multiple teams of experienced, smart engineers based in Sydney. As part of the Cloud Platform leadership team, you will help define & shape our world class SaaS & cloud platform strategy.
This is a newly created team with broad technical responsibilities across all our products with greenfield projects and technologies, not a product maintenance type of role. Sound like something you’d like to get stuck into?
To be successful in this role; you’ll bring:
· Experience leading cross-functional teams of software developers (10+) that have built enterprise grade cloud platform services to high-scale, always-on, production environments.
· Real-world Agile and Continuous Delivery experience, and the scars to prove it.
· Strong organizational and communication skills with experience of developing and instilling a culture of broad product ownership and operational maturity.
· Expertise developing full stack features from backend APIs to front-end UI components.
· A proven ability to take ownership of code, perform code reviews, providing expert technical inputs on design & development decisions.
· Working knowledge with datastores (RDBMS, NoSql, search, analytics, time-series-database).
· Experience with software dev languages like Java, Node.JS and / or Go.
· Architectural experience scaling out web applications and services coupled with experience in cloud architecture
· Deep understanding of how to write performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code.
· A passion to continuously ship real value to the customer.
It's great, but not required, if you have some or all:
Background in full-stack development, SOA & micro-services architecture. Mobile or mobile development. Understanding of high-availability, fault tolerant, scalable, distributed systems
More about you:
You will have relish the challenge of building on our legacy of delivering great software that is trusted by over 60,000 customers across the globe. Most importantly, you will have a proven track record in building & leading highly effective software development teams (10+ team members) naturally accepting all opportunities to lead, grow & mentor at all levels. You have real world Agile experience, and the scars to prove it, helping to deliver software every day to high scale, always-on, production environments. As the owner of the team’s technical strategy & roadmap, you’ll bring extensive experience of influencing & working in close collaboration with other engineering & product/service owners in a matrix environment.
Atlassian; Powered by you.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Back to top