Engineering Manager, Data
Data is a big deal at Atlassian. We ingest over 50 billion events each month into our analytics platform and we have dozens of teams across the company driving their decisions and guiding their operations based on the data and services we provide.
We are looking for a data engineering manager to join our growing analytics platform team which is part of the Data Engineering department.
Come and join our efforts to further democratise data and build an exceptional analytics platform for the company.
In this role you will get to...
Build and lead a team of data engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development.
Provide deep technical guidance in a number of aspects of data engineering in a scalable ecosystem
Work with close counterparts in other departments as part of a multi-functional team, and build this culture in your team
You will be based in Bengaluru, but travel occasionally to Sydney and San Francisco
More about you...
· You have stellar people management skills and experience in leading an agile software team
· You thrive when developing phenomenal people, not just great products
· You bring expertise in building and maintaining high-quality components and services
· You are able to drive technical excellence, pushing for innovation and quality
· You have at least 3 years experience in a software development role as an individual contributor
· You have at least 3 years of people management experience
· Deep understanding of data challenges at scale challenges and the eco-system
· Experience with solution building and architecting with public cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services, Redshift, S3, EMR/Spark/Hive, Presto/Athena
· Experience with Lambda Architecture and other Enterprise Data architectural standard methodologies
· Experience with test automation and continuous delivery
· A graduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
It's great, but not required, if...
· Experience with at least one high-level programming language such as Python
· Understanding and experience building RESTful APIs and Micro-services
· Experience with Tableau and Tableau administration
· Experience with Machine Learning
· You have worked closely Data Science teams or analytics teams
· You're Committed code to open source projects and have some examples
More about the team
Atlassian is over a decade old, but our organisation is much younger. We'll need take on new challenges to enable significant growth. We are constantly growing, learning, and trying to do things differently. You’ll be joining a team that is smart, passionate, and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are independently successful but team oriented. We're all about enabling growth by delivering the right data and insights in the right way to partners at Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favourite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top