Engineering Manager, CST
- Bangalore, India
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join the Customer Support Technology Team, part of the Go-to-market Technology umbrella. This role will help us scale over the next 3-5 years by focusing on engineering management of various operational tooling, people systems tooling, and product influence tooling. If you are passionate about delivering big outcomes and enabling a high-performing engineering team then we need you!
You'll manage some of the peeps that make up one kick-ass engineering team and work together with other senior leaders and subject matter experts to deliver impactful outcomes to the organisation. You'll bring order and focus while leaving room for flexibility and innovation. You'll promote infectious urgency around you, you'll be a mentor, multiplier, influencer, negotiator, and awesome communicator rolled into one.
More about you
You value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record of delivering both. You combine curiosity, judgment, humility, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause.
You engender a collaborative environment where teams work together to solve problems with a positive outlook.
When you encounter a problem you come up with multiple solutions, weigh the trade-offs and efforts, identify the best path forward, and exercise good judgment to drive ahead. You have experience in change management and turning information and questions into action. You're comfortable interacting with people across all levels of an organization and can field questions during a presentation like a pro.
You can quickly learn and be impactful in new areas to keep pace with our rapid growth and evolution. You can take an ambiguous assignment and deliver value quickly. You employ multiple tools, methods, and techniques to get things done.
What you'll be accountable for:
· Building high-performing teams, putting others before yourself, and delighting in your team members’ successes.
· Delivering scalable solutions for engineer operational tooling, people systems tooling, and product influence tooling (across all of our platforms and products).
· Designing the long-term architecture for our tooling ecosystem.
· Influencing and delivering effective OKRs for the technology team that supports and accelerates CSS and Atlassian goals.
· Developing, monitor, and drive the Key Business Metrics that demonstrate health and performance for your business unit.
· Manage the team of full-stack engineers in Bangalore office of Atlassian, but working with globally distributed stakeholders in the form of a matrix organisation.
· Building partnerships with key members within and outside of the Customer Support and Success (CSS) organisation, including R&D, IT, Design, Risk and Compliance, Platform Engineering, Talent Acquisition, etc.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
· 8+ years in software development - either in Cloud services or on-premise solutions.
· At least 1-2 years’ experience in a people management role - hiring, motivating, growing, empowering, and performance managing.
· Solid Java skills, with the ability to guide your team in code design and reviews, mentor junior developers and assist your team to solve technical challenges.
· A passion for solving customer problems, and the demonstrated ability to share that passion with your team.
· A strong collaborative mindset; to work closely with your peers in Product Management, Design, other Development Leads, Quality Engineering, etc - to bring diverse viewpoints and goals together.
· Excellent communication and organisation skills; to effectively prioritise work, set expectations with stakeholders, communicate progress, negotiate dependencies, and resolve conflicts.
· High quality standards, holding yourself and your team accountable for delivering Enterprise-quality software that delights customers.
· A strong drive for innovation and improvement - always pushing, encouraging and enabling your team to improve their tools, processes and culture; keeping them agile and innovative with lightweight processes.
· Methods for success in high-growth organisations with senior cross-functional stakeholders.
· Experience managing a global team (we're currently in Austin, Amsterdam, and Bengaluru).
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top