Engineer - Commerce
Atlassian is searching for a senior backend software engineer to join the new Commerce team in Bengaluru, India.
The team’s mission is to transform our billing & payments platform to allow Atlassian to scale its self-service B2B sales model and drive revenue and monthly active users (MAU) growth.
The Commerce team is in a unique position within Atlassian. We are at the centre of a lot of key strategic business-value driven initiatives and are responsible for delivering an amazing customer experience that allows our customers to try & buy our products with ease and delight. Do you want to be a part of this journey to scale with our growing customer base? Do you have an obsession for high quality design and code? If you answered "yes" to the above questions, this role is for you!
Where you’ll make an impact
As part of the team you will be playing a key role in the transformation of some of our main Commerce products to better support all of our customers, from small companies to large enterprises.
In this role you will have autonomy to design, build, deliver and maintain scalable and reliable services that delight our customers and deliver high business value to Atlassian.
You will craft new features and improvements that will make a difference to not only your team but positively impact our key company metrics such as adoption rates for our cloud products, purchase conversion rates, support ticket reduction, and reduced time to market.
Initially, you will be working cross-geo with our core development team in Sydney to help build a strong foundation to support & transform our existing Commerce Platform. There could be potential for travel to our different locations to help drive collaboration.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5-10 years of experience designing and building a production-level web application
- Hands-on experience and a strong depth of knowledge in Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- Experience with common database technologies, e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- Experience in driving and delivering complex features/software modules from technical design to launch
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- A strong team player mindset. Experience in mentoring developers (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews etc) and ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
- Excited by fast paced projects and adept at problem solving through ambiguity
Nice to have, but not mandatory:
- eCommerce / Billing / Payments experience
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with large scale web applications
- Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
- Experience in large scale transformation (think monolith to micro-services)
- Understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, LaaS industry with hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top