DevOps Manager- StatusPage
As a DevOps Manager at Atlassian, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools with over 80,000 Customers.
StatusPage are seeking to add a seasoned DevOps leader with experience scaling services that have been demanding in terms of real-world traffic & throughput to their growing team. StatusPage is at the forefront of reshaping incident management & helping customers turn downtime into a great customer experience. This group is scaling rapidly & can offer an open runway for the right person.
Once onboard, you'll technically grow & lead a team taking ops projects from concept through to launch. You will play in integral role in designing and developing operational improvements that will help us keep stellar uptime and reliability so the Internet can stay honest around uptime.
Leveraging your understanding of architecture & ability to get into the ebb & flow of the code, you’ll strive to harden our platform so we can grow by x100. You'll be involved in evolving and implementing our disaster recovery solution. You are steadfast, and you're unflappable when on call. You're a builder at heart and, ultimately, you will help define what it means to provide status updates for the Internet.
To be successful in this role; you’ll bring:
· An extensive background in developing and operating large-scale cloud-based distributed applications
· Direct experience developing/running Rails on AWS and are well-versed in standard methodologies and patterns
· Laser focus and be able to design infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability, and operational excellence
· The ability to "fix the plane while in flight" (not just support greenfield solutions)
· The ability to prioritize existing technical and infrastructure debt, and experience to build and execute a plan to pay it off
· Proven expertise working with others to drive alignment between architecture projects and product roadmap
In return, you will have the opportunity to:
· Ask tough questions and develop your pragmatic approach to decision-making
· Demonstrate your deep understanding of technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, Postgres, Ruby and Rails.
· Continue to grow your skills in running secure and scalable applications for highly available, multi-region, AWS deployments
· Teach and influence engineers and other team mates
· Build incredible software on a highly-effective TEAM
· Ship code several times per day
· This is both a people management & tech management position where you will lead a team of experienced, smart engineers based in downtown SF but form part of a global team.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the centre of it all. With more than 80,000+ global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Trello & HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top