Development Manager - HipChat
In the past few years HipChat has become the chat tool loved by Whole Foods, Wired, NASA, WebMD, and thousands of other great companies. We've been shipping features like crazy but need people to help us take it to the next level.
Huge impact - Thousands of the brightest teams rely on HipChat to bring their companies together and get work done. You'll be designing, building, and shipping features that they'll love.
Independence - We're hiring great people and letting them do what they do best. No handholding or micromanaging. Plus, we actually use our 20% time and ShipIt days to build cool stuff.
More about you
We would love for you to have experience running a highly effective development team, able to manage the highly-skilled engineers, along with an extensive background in distributed systems and web scale software. This role will also benefit from a deep understanding of the latest build, test, performance test, deployment, and configuration tools. Bonus points for real-world Agile experience (and the scars to prove it). Traits that will serve you well in this role include being passionate about the customer experience, having the ability to ask the tough questions, and being a natural at working cross-functionally. Your communication skills in writing and public speaking are stellar (and debating ideas with developers and non-tech people is a given).
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in software development management
- 3+ years experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams working on multiple simultaneous projects.
- 3+ years experience in managing teams following Agile development processes.
- Experience as an engineer building large scale distributed systems
- Ability to contribute to the technical and business strategy of the team
- 10+ years experience in software development
- 5+ years experience leading the definition and development of reliable and scalable distributed systems
- 5+ years experience leading development of applications backed by AWS services
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to define the long term technical vision and strategy for your teams
- Proven experience developing talent
- Proven track record of shipping high quality software on time
- Proven experience dealing with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to recommend alternative technical and solution approaches
More about the perks
In 2015, Atlassian was awarded the #1 Best Place to Work in Australia for a second straight year—but the love doesn't stop there. We were also voted as the #1 Best Place to Work in Asia for two years running (small and medium size companies), #1 Best Place to Work in the Netherlands (large & multinational companies), and #2 in the US (medium size companies).
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 50,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
Atlassian. Powered by You.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top