Developer Support (Java)
Are you a technology enthusiast who loves working with the latest APIs, hacking and assembling new integrations, and sharing your insights with others? Be the change you seek and join a worldwide organization focused on empowering developers on our product platforms. You will play a pivotal role in growing our ecosystem through developer success and work closely with our core product teams.
You have a commitment to learn new technologies and are responsible for owning developer issues until resolution. You're a great fit if you have top-notch written and verbal communication skills, along with a comfort communicating with external developers.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 3+ years of experience with Java development, including with Java frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Strong interest in collaborating with colleagues
- 2+ years Maven experience
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising and providing guidance on use of our product APIs and related SDKs and tooling to external developers
- Updating and maintaining our SDK
- Fixing API related issues reported by developers
- Participating in our technical forum discussions
- Writing technical articles - sharing technical tips and insights
- Creating sample applications, add-ons, and scripts for developers
- Staying up to date on product releases which impact integrations and add-ons
We would love if you also had experience with
- OSGi and Maven plugin development
- Atlassian's products
- Interest in open source technology
More about our team
Atlassian's Developer Relations team is a global organization of developers for developers. Our team is spread out across the U.S., Europe, Australia, and soon the Philippines! Our mission is to drive excitement and empower developers to build on the Atlassian platform. In this role, you'll be a part of a new team within Developer Relations focused on supporting the needs of our external developers building on top of the Atlassian platform. We empower and enable third party developers to build innovative integrations on our product platforms like JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some great perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, breakfasts/lunches & snacks provided, ergonomic workstations, 20% work time for your passion projects, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat – and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
Atlassian. Powered by You.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top