Design Manager - Marketplace
- Bangalore, India
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems and grow with variety? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you.
We have an opportunity for a Design Manager to join our Marketplace team in Bengaluru. Marketplace is the "App Store" of Atlassian: our team helps developers around the world build add-ons that extend & enhance our products (like Jira & Confluence), and then share them with other Atlassian users. As a Design Manager on the team, you will be poised to make a huge impact on an invaluable part of our business. You'll have substantial creative freedom & involvement with early stage research and ideation, implementation and iteration, with an end goal of improving the Marketplace experience for both our partner developers and Atlassian users.
In this role you will lead and manage a small, local team of designers, helping them develop their craft in all areas such as UX design, UI design and feature research. You will also be part of the Marketplace leadership team, working closely with product managers, engineering and other partners to define product strategy and champion the user experience.
Ideally, you are passionate about making people better; you provide support and mentorship to your team in constructive ways that encourage, energise, and increase their quality of work. If you have the drive and passion to steer the strategic design direction and grow design at Atlassian in Bengaluru, then this role is for you.
You'll also have the opportunity to:
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and potential solutions to solve the identified problems in the most effective way.
- Establish (and maintain) a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team.
- Help your team plan relevant research activities to inform their designs.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve workflows and user interfaces for all Marketplace-related experiences.
- Improve design thinking of the whole product team by including other team members in the various design related activities.
To be successful here, we'd expect you to:
- Bring 2+ years of experience of leading a team of designers.
- Have hands-on professional experience as a UX designer or visual designer, ideally with software or complex web-based applications and e-commerce.
- Show phenomenal facilitation skills and a track record of collaborating with other functions, like engineering and product.
- Be a self-starter with an eye for simple solutions and the ability to step into the customer's shoes.
- Be eager to deliver across the entire design process, not just one aspect such as conceptualisation or visual design.
More about Design at Atlassian
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for delivering across the entirety of the design process, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. We're looking for people who are really strong in at least one design-focused skill, have an interest to improve in many other areas and are humble enough to always ask questions and learn more. Most of our product designers are embedded in their business unit, but also form diverse design groups across business units and locations.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top