- Do you believe that companies live and die by their understanding of how customers use and grow with their products?
- Are you up to the challenge of harnessing data to optimise the product development lifecycle?
- Would you like to drive real change at the world’s hottest Software company, and one of the best places to work in Australia.
Atlassian is looking for a sharp, analytical mind to work in our Product Growth Team and JIRA Service Desk team to examine the way users evaluate, interact and engage with our fastest growing product ever. We use real data science to point the way, design experiments to improve user engagement and growth, and objectively measure the gains we've made. It's not for the faint of heart -- you'll need to use all your ingenuity to uncover game-changing trends and patterns. We're creative and resourceful in how we use our data and test our ideas. Your insights will infuse the DNA of our product, marketing and leadership teams with a maniacal focus on our customers, on their satisfaction, and a deeper understanding of our customer base.
Data Science at Atlassian is multidisciplinary. We work with Product Managers, Designers, Marketers and Engineers to build a world-class experience for customers. The perfect fit is someone who can get to grips with data (using SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Spark etc.), judge the success of experiments using statistical methods, build models of user behaviour (using R, Python, Weka etc.), and be a trusted consultant on all things data.
Ultimately, we're looking for a difference maker - data scientists need to take data, turn it into insights, follow-up these insights until they turn in to actions that benefits our customers. If you care deeply about applying your skills in data and analytics to make a positive difference to millions of users around the world, then we should talk.
- Data mine our seriously large volume of analytics data to figure out user behaviours and interactions.
- Use hard data to inform decision-making across the JIRA Service Desk team.
- Craft metrics to objectively measure the successes of our team.
- Champion the measure - build - learn cycle within Atlassian
- Strong SQL experience
- Data mining, statistical modeling and data visualisation
- Experience with statistical methods such as parametric and nonparametric significance testing
- Excellent consultant and advocate
Other desirable experience that you may have include:
- Scripting experience (Python, shell, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with Presto, Hive, Hadoop or other Big Data frameworks
- Experience with Machine Learning or Statistical Modelling (R, PySi, Weka etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great eye and attention to detail
- Sense of humor
This is what we look for in every Atlassian.
- Get It Done (Initiative)
- Think Like An Engineer (Analytical)
- Be David, Not Goliath (Resourceful)
- There is No I in Culture (Teamwork)
- You Are Our Ambassador (Communications)
- Legendary Service (Customer Service)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top