Data / Product Analyst
- Do you believe that companies live and die by their understanding of how customers use and grow with their products?
- Are you up to the challenge of optimizing the product development lifecycle?
- Would you like to drive real change at the world’s hottest Software company, and the best place to work in Australia
Atlassian is looking for an analytical mind to work in our Customer Operations team to analyze the way customers sign up for, evaluate, buy and grow with our amazing suite of products – JIRA, Confluence, HipCHat, BitBucket, Bamboo... We use real data science to point the way, then design experiments to improve customer engagement and growth; we work with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to build a world-class experience for customers. It's not for the faint of heart -- you'll need to slice and dice data that lives up to the 'big data' name, looking for key trends and patterns. We're creative in how we look at data and test our ideas. Your insights will infuse the DNA of our product, marketing and leadership teams with a maniacal focus on our customers, on their satisfaction, and a deeper understanding of our customer base.
Product Analytics at Atlassian is multidisciplinary. The perfect fit is someone who can analyze analytics data (using SQL, Hive, Hadoop etc.), judge the success of complex experiments using statistical methods, and build models based on user behaviour (using R, PySci, Weka etc.) There is plenty of scope to improve our analytics infrastructure iteratively (using scripting, Unix skills) so we can answer deeper questions, and work effectively with a wide range of other disciplines. Last, we're looking for a difference maker - data analysts need to take data, turn it into insights, and follow these insights up until they turn into concrete action. Of course, you might not have all of that today.
If you're a great developer with an inclination towards data analysis and data-based decision making, or a star business analyst / product manager / data scientist with skills in data analysis and at least some scripting and coding chops, then we should talk.
- Work with our seriously large volume of analytics data to understand trends and behaviours
- Investigate and establish funnel and experience metrics to validate the quality of our releases and features
- Spread the love of the measure - build - measure - learn cycle within Atlassian
- Strong SQL experience
- Experience with statistical methods such as parametric and nonparametric significance testing
- Analysis skills, including modelling and visualizing data
Other desirable experience that you may have include:
- Scripting experience (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Hive, Hadoop or other Big Data frameworks
- Experience with Machine Learning or Statistical Modelling (R, PySi, Weka etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great eye and attention to detail
- Sense of humor
This is what we look for in every Atlassian.
- Get It Done (Initiative)
- Think Like An Engineer (Analytical)
- Be David, Not Goliath (Innovative)
- There is No I in Culture (Teamwork)
- You Are Our Ambassador (Communications)
- Legendary Service (Customer Service)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top