Data Insights Analyst
The customer insights analyst role is a newly crafted position within the customer operations team. As part of the customer operations team, you'll love driving our mission to improve customer engagement and loyalty. Your insights will infuse the DNA of our product, marketing and leadership teams focus on our customers, on their satisfaction, and a deeper understanding of our customer base.
More about you
You will be a passionate, result-oriented analytical mind who can lead campaign analytics in our team. It's not for the faint of heart -- you'll need to slice and dice data that lives up to the 'big data' name, looking for key trends and patterns. Your data engineering skills will aid you to come up with innovative solutions when required to deliver on our customer analytics roadmap. With over 3 years experience under your belt, you bring best of breed campaign analytics to our team and drive successful campaign outcomes using data insights. Your strong analytics and statistical skills enable us to continuously improve and execute on highly targeted and result-oriented campaigns.
You are someone who enjoys being part of a high performing team and work in a fast paced environment with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop. With strong partner engagement skills, you are able to juggle competing priorities and deliver on deadlines. You will have 3+ years post qualification experience working either as customer, marketing or campaign analyst - ideally within a subscription organisation's, a top-tier consulting firm, banking or other similar organisation. Preferably you will hold a degree in Computer Science, Business, Math, Economics or a related field.
More about our team
We're obsessed with customer retention, yet we recognise that customer success is not something which one team can own; the entire lifecycle and customer journey shapes the long-term success of the customer with our products and services. The customer operations team provides insights across all sources of customer data enabling programs to improve engagement and loyalty. Atlassian has analytics in its DNA that runs deep through the company's core, giving us robust data to test our hypotheses; across marketing assets, product usage, purchasing & finance, support, loyalty and feedback. Critically, we collaborate with a wide range of teams in Atlassian to ultimately drive action and make customers widely successful with our products.
- Work with our seriously large volume of analytics data to understand trends and behaviours
- Conduct pre and post campaign analysis to deliver meaningful and actionable insights
- Lead data discussions on all aspects of a campaign, including:
- Test and learn framework
- Setting up campaign success measures including return on investment and business outcomes
- Generating and maintaining campaign lists
- Tracking campaign results
- Spread the love of the measure - build - measure - learn cycle within Atlassian
- Present campaign and program level results and actionable insights
- Engage with product, marketing, analytics and customer teams to better understand customer journey, behaviour and our products
- Assist the team to deliver various customer insights projects
- Strong SQL experience (Teradata, Postgres, Presto, AWS Redshift etc)
- Experience with statistical methods such as significance testing
- Experience in designing test and learn campaigns and hypothesis testing
- Strong analysis skills, including data visualisation (Tableau, Qlikview etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong partner engagement skills
- Great eye and attention to detail
Other desirable experience that you may have include:
- Scripting experience (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Hive, Hadoop or other Big Data frameworks
- Experience with Machine Learning or Statistical Modelling (R, PySi, Weka etc.)
- Eye for business
- Sense of humour
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin,gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top