Do you have a passion for enterprise data and data flow?
Do you have experience driving and improving consistency, timeliness, quality, security and delivery of data across the enterprise, streamlining data flows to reduce unnecessary costs across associated data architecture?
Well then apply now for what is an opportunity of a life-time.
Atlassian is currently experiencing rapid growth and focused on enterprise wide transformation in the areas of commerce, business systems, and go to market solutions and platforms. We are looking for an experienced data architect who will work to influence and define information strategy by partnering with business and technology teams to maximize the value of information assets via their creation, access and utilization. As Data Architect, your charter will be to build an enterprise data lake / repository to minimize data redundancies, provide a single view of the customer, enable Master Data Management and promote consistency. In this role, you will aid in the analysis of data and analytics security requirements and solutions; work with key business and IT leadership to ensure that enterprise information assets are protected.
Your role as a Data Architect is to expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of goals and objectives. This will be achieved by crafting, developing, and implementing data models and solutions for Atlassian's business platform used to sell, service and market our products.
- Drive and define an overarching data architecture vision and strategy to maximize the optimization of enterprise data asset
- Build and communicate data models at the following levels: conceptual, logical, business area, and application
- Map data sources, document interfaces and data movement
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organisation
- Act as the primary advocate of data modelling methodologies and data processing best practices
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to members of the team
- Select and assist in the implementation of the appropriate tools, software, applications, vendors and service providers to support company goals
- Research and make recommendations on integration and analytics products, services and architectural patterns
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
Key performance metrics will cover working with delivery teams to demonstrate:
- Data Flow and Master Data - Map, rationalize, Model, and manage master enterprise data
- Integration - consistency and availability of core business data across the Atlassian data landscape
- Governance - the application of governance, stewardship, and frameworks for modeling and managing data and changes
- Undergraduate in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- At least 10 years experience in software development roles
- Real passion for data analytics
- Able to move between varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to detailed implementation
- Solid understanding of various data structures like 3NF, Star Schema, Snowflake, Data Vaulting etc.
- Experience working in a data-centric development environment such as the production of a data warehouse or similar
- Proven modelling and design capability
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of data modelling, mapping, integration and profiling tools
- Experience with BI platforms
- Sound understanding of Big Data challenges
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build strong peer relationships
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas in user-friendly language
- Excellent prioritization and self organizing skills to individually detect and deliver the most important things first
- Head of IT Platforms and Architecture
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top