Are you a paralegal with strong corporate skills who enjoys managing complex projects, executing quickly and with precision, working with cross-functional teams, and finding creative ways to build structure? Are you excited by a role with lots of responsibility, opportunities to wear different hats, and potential for growth and impact? Do you often think, “Hey, what if we did it this way?” and then work to make it happen? If so, let’s talk.
We are seeking a corporate paralegal for our dynamic and fun-loving legal team, someone who will be a key teammate as Atlassian continues to grow and scale.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Public company matters: Help prepare SEC filings, including quarterly and annual reports. Work with external auditors and internal accounting team to support audit processes.
- Board and shareholder matters: Draft board and committee minutes/resolutions and maintain our minute books and corporate records. Lead preparations for our annual shareholder meeting, including related documents.
- Subsidiary management: Lead corporate compliance matters for Atlassian’s various US and international subsidiaries. Organize subsidiary board and shareholder meetings, help to establish new entities and offices, and work extensively with tax, treasury, other departments, and outside.
- Transactional matters: Assist with due diligence, document preparation and execution, and closing and integration for acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Insurance: Work with insurance brokers, submit applications, and manage various insurance policies.
- Cross-functional support/special projects: Assist with both routine matters and strategic projects involving stock administration, treasury, tax, internal audit, employment/HR, and other teams.
- Project management: Drive progress on corporate team and cross functional corporate projects. Look for opportunities to improve processes that will positively impact the legal team and its counterparts and help us scale.
More about the qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- Has 7+ years of relevant corporate experience, ideally at both a major law firm and in-house at a public company.
- Is familiar with SEC filings and requirements.
- Can execute under pressure and within tight timelines, with tremendous organization and attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Loves sizing up unstructured or ad hoc situations and creating a strategy to build processes that improve accuracy or efficiency, while remaining flexible and adaptable.
- Is able to be diplomatic yet effective in communicating with others and getting stuff done.
- Has experience and is comfortable working alongside senior management teams, board members, and outside counsel.
- Is a team player who is also comfortable working independently with minimal oversight on certain projects and making decisions independently.
- Is familiar with Atlassian products and/or is excited to learn more about them and put them to use.
- Is a notary public (don’t worry, if you’re not, we can help make that happen after you get here).
- Has a healthy sense of humor, with a how-can-I-help, get-it-done attitude.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.
Back to top