Do you live and breathe the user experience through great content, love solving hard problems, and thrive on variety? If so, we have an exciting role at Atlassian just for you.
We’re looking for a Content Design Manager to join and lead the Jira Service Desk Cloud Content Design team in Sydney. This job is for someone who thinks bigger than traditional software documentation. You like to see how teams can communicate value in a compelling, clear, and effective way.
As part of the wider Content Design and Service Design organisation, you will:
- Manage a small team of content designers working on one of our fastest-growing products
- Be a strategic partner, working closely with product leadership and content design standards
- Drive your team’s end-to-end content strategy to help shape amazing user experiences
- Support your team’s craft and career development, process improvements, and content quality (including UX and technical writing)
- Work with design, product management, engineering, marketing, support and other stakeholders in multiple locations across the globe
When you join the team, you’d be expected to have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in content design, content strategy, or technical writing
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing a team of content designers or technical writers
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A proven track record of managing projects in an agile, fast-paced environment
- An ability to establish respect, provide mentorship at all levels, and effectively influence stakeholders
- Experience establishing content strategies and delivering high-quality impactful content in line with that strategy
And ideally, we’d hope you’d have:
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- A strong understanding of information architecture and content modelling
- A passion for driving teams towards amazing solutions that balance customer and business needs
- Experience using design thinking and design processes (critiques, user journeys, personas) to improve or validate your team’s work
Show us something:
Along with your resume, send or point us to an examples or a portfolio of your work. Ideally, send us work that shows us how you enabled a team to deliver value through great UX writing and documentation.
More about our team:
Content Designers at Atlassian look at the way we communicate with our customers as an end-to-end journey. We consider content to be a powerful and essential part of that journey. Our content experts work collaboratively across Atlassian to champion our design language
, tell consistent stories and craft great customer experiences.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.