Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
This role is one of a kind within Atlassian and a senior individual contributor. Challenging, ever-changing, rewarding, and vital to our mission to of advancing humanity through the power of software. In addition to bringing unparalleled technical acumen and know-how, your most important function is to inspire teams to creatively engage and solve some of Atlassian’s most complex and future-thinking issues across our tech stack. Partnering with senior leadership and the Technical Architecture Group (TAG), you’ll influence enterprise-level decisions that continue to position Atlassian’s products and platform at the cutting edge of the industry and collaboration tools space. This person will not replace any in-product and/or platform architects, rather they will amplify them by driving initiative that don't necessarily fit nicely into one place but are nevertheless critical to the success of Atlassian.
Our Cloud Architect will be located in either our Mountain View or Sydney offices and will report directly to our Chief Technical Officer. This role will partner with multi-functional peers to effectively influence and direct tech-stack strategy, and our tech vision, and goals. You are a key part of evangelizing and bringing the Atlassian story to teams across products, both internally and externally.
- You will inspire a team of architects to define, create, and communicate the technology and platform strategy across Atlassian.
- You will lead with integrity and inspiration, by drawing from past experiences within large-scale complex systems, cloud companies, and/or product experience with complex enterprise software.
- You will drive architecture strategy for complex projects that cut across multiple teams, technologies, and geographies.
- A proven history of synthesizing and simplifying complex product and business objectives into architecture and system design is required.
- Collaborate with key partners, developers, product and program management.
- You will lead by example to promote a culture of innovation and quality across Atlassian’s Engineering groups.
- Partner across tech and engineering teams on all things architecture, design, problem solving, and mentorship that ensures not only successful product delivery, but operational excellence in production.
- Build and maintain relationships globally with key architects and partners across technology organizations and collaborate on promoting Atlassian's architectural standards and practices.
- Exhibit a relentless focus on our customer’s needs and success.
- 15+ years’ experience of software product development experience with 5+ working as a Principal Engineer, Senior Architect, or Distinguished Engineer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build a strong level of partnership at all levels of the organization. Highly collaborative, able to drive large diverse teams across the world through influence and collaboration.
- Experience in large scale B2B cloud companies with global presence.
- Experience with AWS and associated cloud technologies is a requirement.
- Demonstrated experience with software development at scale, including Agile, SCRUM.
- Proven technical background and acumen stemming from deep understanding and experience across complex products and systems.
- Demonstrated values through leading by example, and an active representative of Atlassian values and culture.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- Ability to travel to both domestic and international Atlassian offices.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top