Backend Engineer, Confluence Cloud Developer Experience and Tools
- Mountain View, CA
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and dedicated Back End Developer to join the Confluence Cloud Developer Experience and Tools team in Mountain View.
As part of the Developer Experience and Tools team, you will be a multiplier enabling the Confluence development team as a whole to efficiently, safely, and reliably deliver Confluence Cloud changes from the local development to production. We ensure more than 100 developers can do their job, from setting up the IDE locally to releasing their changes safely to production.
Some of our most significant jobs, at a high level, are:
We build tools to improve the development experience, and to run and test Confluence
We ensure release quality and reliability, by improving our CI pipeline and other tools to measure and decrease the risk of changes
We maintain the Confluence build scripts (Maven and Gradle) and shared libraries
We step in and assist with whatever is necessary for Confluence developers to get their jobs done.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Passion for improving quality and/or developer experiences
- An ability to learn quickly and an interest in learning a broad range of areas
- Orientation towards finding solutions for internal customers, and strong interpersonal and communication skills
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience with building internal developer-experience tools
- Expertise with tools or frameworks used for the above (build tools like Maven or Gradle, Docker, testing frameworks like JUnit, CI tools like Bamboo or Jenkins, code analysis tools like SonarQube or SourceClear)
- Experience with Java (Spring, Hibernate, and either OSGi plugin-based architectures or Spring Boot microservices are all particular pluses)
- Experience with a modern scripting language appropriate for tooling (e.g. Python, Ruby) or with Bash shell scripting
- Familiarity with cloud architecture patterns, the SaaS/PaaS/IaaS industry, and with distributed systems
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Back to top