Associate Product Advocate
At Atlassian, our Product Advocates are the "possibility experts" who not only wow potential clients, but also help them to understand the solutions that our products can provide. This position will both use and stretch your technical skills, as you'd be helping development, project, and service teams learn how they can use our tools for effective practices.
Our sales model is atypical … and it rocks. The process begins with our products, which have to be compelling or everything stalls. Marketing then works to get the word out and more eyeballs on our products. Our Product Advocate group backs this up by equipping new users with tips, tricks, and how-to’s prior to and during their product evaluations. It is a transparent, client-driven sales process, which is how we believe enterprise sales should be done. Selling here is driven by customers, fueled by the products themselves, and propelled further by Advocate-led product guidance.
More about you
We are looking for creative and analytical people who believe in the ethos of "work hard, play hard" and who have technical chops, an innate ability to delight our customers, and a burning desire to facilitate product evolution. If you're looking to work for a game-changing company, and you have an analytical and innovative mindset you'd like to use to influence the direction of a healthy and growing suite of software development tools, then Atlassian is the place for you.
- A professional, positive (can-do) attitude.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, concise manner
- Very strong communication skills - written and oral, in English.
- Exceptional capacity to prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong organization & presentation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Professional curiosity.
- Experience managing a service request queue and assisting customers through online and phone correspondence
- Familiarity with the needs of service teams – IT teams, business teams, and traditional customer support teams
- Basic understanding of the use of software development, project management, collaboration and code quality software.
- Product demonstration experience.
- Proven analytical experience (Excel).
- Understanding of the application lifecycle management.
- Demonstrated experience fostering and driving innovation through software.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies including Agile.
- Working knowledge of web application structure (app servers, DBs, SQL, etc.).
- Comfortable with frequent client phone calls to explain hard-to-understand concepts and deployment solutions.
More about our team
The Product Advocate group champions our customers and products within Atlassian. The majority of our time is spent helping customers 'on the front lines' and then working internally to voice their product needs. Our work and success, first and foremost, is learning all we can about the clients and their needs. We aggregate this information, and collaborate with Product Management and Product Marketing to help define product strategy. As an Associate Product Advocate, you’d be responsible for managing customer requests, responding to those requests, and providing insight to the rest of the Advocate team and other stakeholders on challenges and opportunities our customers recognize when evaluating our products.
Atlassian. Powered by you.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Head Of Developer Advocacy
Grace reaches out to development communities to understand, translate, and incorporate customer ideas about new technology needs into existing tools and educational efforts.
Back to top