We're looking for a Technical Project Manager capable of establishing and driving impactful outcomes for our Customer Support and Success global production systems, processes, and tools. In this role, you will be part of a program management team, serve as a partner to our Reporting & Business Analytics group, and be deeply cross-functional employing both technical and strategic proficiencies. This role is at the cross roads of Operations, Project Management, and Analytics and delivers on initiatives where data and analytics play a meaningful role. This role will suit a converted data science or analytics person who enjoys leaning into the project and program management areas of team work and loves getting into the technical details to help the teams get past blockers.
Strategically, you will support cross organizational objectives by delivering projects that move the needle on key results. You will tie business needs with technical requirements and provide transparency to the organization. Examples include:
- Guide teams toward higher overall collaboration, communication, transparency, and accountability
- Coordinate across technical and non-technical teams, departments, and organizations to gain a deep understanding of infrastructure, metrics, alignment needs, and communication patterns
- Understand dependencies and manage stakeholder expectations across a global footprint
- Work closely with operations teams to understand the business, conduct root cause analysis, and document requirements or user stories
Technically, you will lead efforts to continue to enhance operational effectiveness and help double customer happiness. Examples include:
- Improve overall delivery and operational effectiveness (OKRs, business timelines, scoping, major milestones, risks and dependencies, etc.)
- Connect business with technical tools and capabilities, and translate business needs to technical requirements
- Promote experimentation and educate non-technical teammates on successful patterns and techniques
- Lead initiatives including experimental design and statistical testing (e.g. A/B testing), operationalizing machine learning algorithms, building streaming data pipelines and enhancing data warehouses
More about you:
- You value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record of delivering both
- You combine curiosity, judgment, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel complex problems
- You learn quickly, keep pace with rapid evolution, and deliver outcomes
- You can take an ambiguous assignment and deliver value quickly; employing multiple tools, methods, and techniques to get things done
- You bring order and focus while leaving room for flexibility and innovation
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3 - 5 years experience delivering technical projects in a cloud environment as a project manager, tech lead, team lead, dev manager, product manager, or similar
- Minimum 5 years experience working with analytics and data engineering teams
- Strong technical chops to establish credibility with engineers and GSD quickly, a real passion for data science and for changing the future of team work (beyond tools and rituals)
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Coding experience (in SQL, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with customer support instrumentation process and data ETL flow
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
More about our team:
You'll be joining a growing project delivery and analytics team located in multiple regions across the globe. We challenge each other constantly to improve our outcomes and ask challenging questions. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things. BBQ, tacos, and coffee are a few of our favorite things.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.