PRN Occupational Health Nurse - Madisonville, KY
PRN Occupational Health Nurse; ATI Worksite Solutions
What's the role?
The Occupational Health Nurse is involved with the overall administration of an employer's occupational health program to include delivery and management of surveillance testing, injury care and management, and WC/ADA/FMLA consultation. This person may also provide ergonomic assessments and prevention through early intervention.
The Occupational Health Nurse will also provide appropriate case management. This includes managing all cases to facilitate productivity, assuring appropriate care and return to work, and assisting in FMLA and ADA program application processes, workers' compensation and short- and long-term disability cases. This person will also assess healthcare needs, implement and manage healthcare programs, and work directly with the Early Intervention Team and Safety Team to ensure proper root cause analysis and corrective actions.
As an integral part of the Early Intervention team, the Occupational Health Nurse will evaluate and treat all injuries and illnesses in an efficient and professional manner within the scope of practice and consistent with clinical nursing guidelines. This person will guide and direct all internal and external referrals.
Your purpose at AWS:
To be that memorable moment - partnering with our client and AWS teams, to ensure that every decision is calculated with total worker health in mind. Our clients want their employees to achieve total worker health, and it's our responsibility to help them get there. The goal of bringing AWS onsite is to ensure that our client's employees are safe and healthy and to help our clients realize the fiscal wisdom of a focused preventative health model for occupational medicine and early intervention.
What's cool about this job?
You will get to spend time with a truly integrated team of onsite health care providers who are dedicated to proactive engagement based strategies for total worker health. You will engage employees before injury and assist in identifying and mitigating risks for injury. You will have the resources to empower employees to own their health and optimize their resiliency. You will be a part of a team who empowers and challenges each other to exceed client expectations.
What you need to be successful:
- The ability to think critically and use your experience to conduct a range of risk and health assessments
- The ability to document efficiently and completely, with a strong ability to integrate feedback for continuous improvement
- The ability to provide emergency care to injured employees within the production environment; this may involve operating emergency cart
- The ability to render first aid to injured employees and request the assistance of on-site employee health services or a physician, if necessary
- The ability to provide episodic care for non-occupational injuries/illnesses
- Effectively execute program workflows, protocols and procedures to include: emergency response, internal and external care referrals, return-to-work, stay-at-work, restriction management, and FMLA
- The ability to monitor employee exposure to hazardous substances through the administering of statutory and non-statutory health surveillance
- The ability to communicate about and provide general health guidance on disease management issues such as HTN and DM
- The ability to assess and educate on contributions to chronic minor reports of discomfort and related functional limitations to maintain employee performance
- The ability to provide preventative and restorative services and education to client employees by engaging the employees or dispatching an early intervention specialist to provide job coaching, ADL coaching, mobility coaching and work station assessments
- The ability to assist with accident investigation per established client workflows as needed to identify root cause analysis of all incidents and near misses
- The ability to work with staff to identify prevention and health promotion strategies to optimize health of population
- The ability to coordinate the delivery of the travel medicine program, if applicable.
- The ability to prepare ergonomic, injury intervention, injury treatment, surveillance, and FMLA/ADA reports.
- The ability to provide education and training to employees on health, safety, and wellness topics; such as: BBP, universal precautions, proper lifting techniques and body mechanics, OSHA surveillance, and other health and wellness topics
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, compassion, and the friendly factor to make the day of our internal and external clients
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and records
- Excellent computer skills, as well as strong organizational skills
- Ability to stand, walk, sit throughout entire assigned shift
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education: Associates' degree in Nursing
- Must hold a Licensed Registered Nurse or Practical Nurse, a current license in the in state(s) in which they will be practicing, and a current CPR certification
- Greater than 5 years of experience in Occupational Health Nursing preferred, but not required
- COHN or COHN-S certification preferred, but not required
- Will be required to pass CEIS Certification and either hold or complete certification in audiometry and/or spirometry upon hire
- A basic knowledge of occupational medicine certifications and regulations
- A basic knowledge of workers' compensation and OSHA regulations
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word / Excel)
- Experience working on collaborative teams
Back to top