PRN Medical Assistant - Wichita, KS
Basic Summary of Position:
The Medical Assistant works closely with patients and physicians in administering medical services. Performs administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of physician.
1. Make new charts for incoming new EE's and maintain all medical records as defined by site guidelines.
2. Log all onboarding UDS results.
3. Make packets as needed (New Hire, Onboarding UDS, occupational injury, Fit For Duty, DIP, ISO).
4. Perform testing for Physicals.
5. Perform cleaning, restocking as necessary.
6. Pull and record retention for all terminated EE charts and terminate them in employer database
7. Filing: keep all personnel files up to date and in confidential area.
8. Keep surveillance process current, interface with employer representatives
9. Schedule appointments and medical procedures.
10. Drawing blood, taking blood pressure and body temperatures, changing the dressing on wounds and removing sutures.
11. Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
12. Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
13. Reconcile manually enrolled and job-linked exposure group enrolled employees.
14. Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
15. Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
16. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
17. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations
18. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
1. Perform other duties as assigned by management
No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Associates Degree or Medical Assistant Certification AND Experience:
• At least 1 year of previous similar experience (field) OR Current License or Certification:
Medical Assistant Certification Skills and Abilities:
• Action oriented;
• Career ambition;
• Comfort around higher management;
• Conflict management;
• Integrity and trust;
• Priority setting;
• Problem solving;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making;
• Microsoft Office
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Strong customer orientation;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Strong team player; and
• Commitment to company values.
Travel Required: None
Hours Required: As needed to complete the job responsibilities. Overtime to be approved by management.
ATI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of ATI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. AWS
Back to top