PRN Medical Assistant - Lynn, MA
- Peabody, MA
PRN Medical Assistant - Occupational Health
What's the role?
ATI Worksite Solutions (AWS) is a progressive occupational medicine provider that specializes in partnering with employers who wish to take a proactive, preventative approach to their employees' health. The Medical Assistant (MA) will work closely with patients and practitioners in administering medical services, and performing administrative and certain clinical duties. This includes maintaining all medical records as defined by site guidelines, pulling and recording retention for all terminated employees charts, and keeping all personnel files up to date and in a confidential area.
As a member of the AWS team, you are a key player in maintaining the organization and operation of the occupational medicine clinic. The MA will interview patients to obtain medical information and measure vital signs, height, and weight, perform testing for physicals, and record patients' medical history, vital statistics, and information such as test results in medical records. This person may also schedule appointments and medical procedures, collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens and prepare them for testing, and draw blood, take blood pressure and body temperature, change the dressing on wounds and remove sutures as directed. This person should be a great team player with a natural sense of responsibility to communicate and improve the processes.
As an integral part of the AWS team, the MA will be asked to take ownership of his/her responsibilities while always looking for way to improve the services that we deliver to our clients. The secret to success at AWS is to exceed client expectations by providing the highest quality of service in a friendly and encouraging environment. Our core values of quality of care, teamwork, communication, and the friendly factor show in your attitude and day to day interaction with everyone you encounter.
Your purpose at AWS:
To be that memorable moment - partnering with our client and AWS teams to ensure that every decision is made with total worker health in mind. This is accomplished by working alongside a team to ensure our occupational medicine clinics are organized and running smoothly.
What's cool about this job?
You will be part of a team whose members wake up every morning to make other people's lives better.
You will join the most effective Early Intervention Program in the world while learning skills that will help your personal and professional growth.
You will find true satisfaction in seeing the ways our team positively impacts ordinary people in an extraordinary way, every day.
What you need to be successful:
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to take responsibility for a high level of communication to drive cases to the best outcomes
- The mindset and determination to not only achieve established goals, but to perpetually improve those goals
- Consistently demonstrate enthusiasm, compassion, and the friendly factor to foster memorable moments for our clients
- The ability to keep surveillance processes current and effectively communicate with employer representatives
- The ability to document timely and appropriately within designated EMR systems for patient intake information, testing results information, medical surveillance information, etc.
- The ability to keep surveillance exposure groups completely organized and reconciled
- The ability to proactively communicate with the employer representative regarding surveillance tracking
- The ability to perform cleaning and restocking as necessary
- The ability to assemble and organize service packets as needed (New Hires, UDS, Occupational Injury, Fit for Duty, DIP, ISO, etc.)
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers, and managers
- Excellent computer skills, as well as strong organizational skills.
- Ability to sand, walk, sit throughout entire assigned shift.
- All staff must be age 18 or over to be eligible for employment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education: Associates Degree or Medial Assistant Certification
- A basic knowledge of Workers' Compensation and OSHA regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word / Excel)
- Experience working on collaborative teams
Back to top