Physician Extender - Hyde Park (Chicago, IL)
Basic Summary of Position:
The role of the ATI Physician Extender is to assist the physician in providing the highest quality of care to patients in an encouraging and friendly environment. This aids in improving patient care, increasing physician efficiency, enhancing patient satisfaction, and increasing revenue. The individual is responsible for maintaining and strengthening physician relationships and acting as a liaison between the physician and our clinics and sports medicine affiliates. Requirements include providing physician extender services in a physician extender model for the assigned physician(s).
Sports Medicine Supervisor, treating physicians, company clinicians
Accountable for welfare of patients and treating patients according to services provided and in accordance with state practice act.
1. Ability to perform all functions of staff clinician, per the patient care act, and as indicated in the appropriate ATI job description.
2. Ability to escort patients to treatment rooms.
3. Ability to accurately perform patient intake and triage, providing the highest level of patient care.
4. Ability to organize and present all clinically relevant information including film studies, medical records, and pertinent test results and working diagnosis to the Physician.
5. Ability to assist Physician during evaluation with tasks such as documentation and diagnostic test preparation.
6. Ability to obtain patient history.
7. Ability to dictate patient notes as a scribe.
8. Ability to perform initial patient evaluations.
9. Ability to assist physician in any aspect of patient treatment as instructed by physician.
10. Ability to provide specific rehabilitation suggestions while the patient is evaluated by the physician.
11. Ability to assist Physician with preparation of prescriptions and patient materials after the evaluation.
12. Ability to provide rehabilitation services to the patient both at the time of evaluation as well as extended services after the evaluation.
13. Instructing patient in gait training and therapeutic exercise.
14. Assist with clinic flow, paperwork, and chart management.
15. Document the visit to provide proper documentation of the visit and provide an objective means
from which to evaluate the athletic trainer's mastery and understanding of concepts and overall performance.
16. Ability to educate patient on injury and plan of care.
17. Ability to instruct patients on home exercise programs.
18. Ability to instruct patients regarding gait training and perform crutch fitting.
19. Ability to do DME fitting and application.
20. Ability to provide Cast/splint application and removal. Applying casts and fitting of braces or medical supplies ordered by the physician.
21. Ability to prepare injections.
22. Ability to provide wound care and suture/staple removal.
23. Ability to field patient, PT and AT phone calls.
24. Assist Physician with ordering x-rays, MRIs, CT scans, other diagnostic tests, procedures or labs.
25. Ability to assist with scheduling diagnostic test and procedures.
26. Ability to perform history and physical for pre-operative clearance.
27. Ability to bill for athletic training services provided.
28. Ability to assist in physician research.
29. Ability to develop educational materials for patients.
30. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees.
31. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship
with customers, co-workers and managers.
32. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations.
33. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
1. Perform other duties as assigned by management
No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy program, or Successful completion of four academic years of pre-professional and professional study in a specialized curriculum accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
At least 2 years of full-time clinical or athletic training experience or previous Physician Extending internship or fellowship.
Current License or Certification:
• Appropriate state licensure, certification or registration (per state requirements),current, and in good standing
• For ATC's - Certified by the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
• Orthopaedic Technologists Certification (OTC) by the NBCOT preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities:
• Action Oriented;
• Building Effective Teams;
• Business Acumen
• Career Ambition;
• Comfort around Higher Management;
• Command Skills;
• Conflict Management;
• Customer Service Skills;
• Dealing with Ambiguity;
• Drive for Results;
• Microsoft Office;
• Organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Presentation skills;
• Problem solving;
• Team player;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making; and
• Commitment to company values.
Travel Required: Minimal, between physician offices and ATI clinics
Hours Required: Full Time exempt Position
ATI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of ATI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. Other details
- Job Family Sports Med
- Pay Type Salary
Back to top