Physical Therapist - Floater - Lancaster
Basic Summary of Position:
Individual is responsible for the evaluation and treatment of patients at various ATI clinics, as assigned, based on clinic need. Overall treatment of patients will include hands on and written evaluation, development of plan of care, and ongoing treatment with patients through all phases of physical therapy. Position requires ensuring every patient receives a unique experience through a comprehensive, thorough, and customized physical therapy regimen with an emphasis on quality care provided in a friendly and encouraging environment.
Patients, clinic employees, physicians, nurse case managers, adjustors, patient family, compliance department
Ability to provide a comprehensive evaluation of a patient and develop a patient care plan. Prescribe appropriate manual therapy and exercise progressions, delegate to a qualified individual. Documentation is fully compliant per payer type in a timely manner.
Documentation or chart review
1. Ensure every patient receives a thorough, comprehensive, and customized physical therapy regimen, while receiving a unique experience.
2. Provide a written and hands on evaluation and immediate treatment of incoming patient conditions to determine appropriate physical treatment programs, and consult with Clinic Director or referring
physicians regarding diagnosis.
3. Ongoing scheduling of patients to ensure fluid treatment progression.
4. Develop and implement Physical Therapy treatment programs based on each patient's particular needs.
5. Assist patients with all phases of Physical Therapy treatment and techniques to include:
- exercise instruction (both in-clinic and take home instruction)
- manual therapy techniques
- activities of daily living
- functional/total body progressions
6. Discuss treatment with patients and record patient conditions and responses to treatments in
patient's medical record after each visit.
7. Complete daily patient care notes, progress notes, discharge notes and other required forms as requested by treating physicians, rehab nurses or insurance companies.
8. Ensure daily treatment notes for all patients are complete prior to end of day.
9. Consult with Clinic Director or referring physicians regarding patient diagnosis, and communicate changes via progress notes.
10. Provide continuous communication with referring physicians, Physical Therapy Assistants and Athletic Trainers regarding patient therapy and equipment.
11. Communicate with Physical Therapy Assistants and Athletic Trainers regarding re-evaluation findings to continually modify and update treatment programs.
12. Operate and apply knowledge of standard physical therapy equipment.
13. Complete weekly Caseload tool within assigned timeframes.
14. Accurately document treatments rendered in the appropriate patient's medical record.
15. Ensure billing amounts on daily notes match treatment time and that all units of treatment are accounted for.
16. Ensure billing is accurate and complete prior to signing off on the daily note in accordance with Company policy, state practice act, and federal regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA, Medicare and Medicaid.
17. Review and co-sign notes of all patients treated by auxiliary personnel under PT's direct supervision.
18. Ensure all patients are discharged with a positive outcome and experience or have been proactively referred to the next step to address limitations and/or complaints originally presented.
19. Follow-up with discharged patients, maintaining Company's service standards.
20. Participate in monthly meetings/caseload rounds with Clinic Director to review CPM scores and
review patient comment surveys.
21. Attend and participate in all focus of the day meetings.
22. The ability to perform physical therapy at multiple clinics as required.
23. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees.
24. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
25. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations.
26. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
1. Communicate with potential referral sources to expand existing business and cultivate new business
2. Maintain current knowledge of Physical Therapist roles and continuing trends in the industry.
3. Attend continuing educational courses to obtain advanced clinical skills.
4. Maintain cleanliness of clinic and treatment areas.
5. Assistance in answering phones and providing intake forms to new patients
6. Perform other duties as assigned by management
1. Set up flow sheet and treatment programs for use by Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapy Assistants.
2. Oversee Technicians in setting up modalities on patients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy
Current License or Certification:
Appropriate state licensure, certification or registration (per state requirements),current, and in good standing
Skills and Abilities:
• Action Oriented;
• Building Effective Teams;
• Business Acumen
• Career Ambition;
• Comfort around Higher Management;
• Command Skills;
• Conflict Management;
• Customer Service Skills;
• Dealing with Ambiguity;
• Drive for Results;
• Microsoft Office;
• Organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Presentation skills;
• Problem solving;
• Team player;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making; and
• Commitment to company values.
Travel Required: Frequent to travel to multiple clinics
Hours Required: As needed to complete the job responsibilities
ATI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of ATI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. Physical Therapy
Meet Some of ATI Physical Therapy's Employees
Anthony works with patients injured on the job to complete conditioning and hardening therapies that will allow them to return to work and life as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Back to top