Outreach Athletic Trainer - Newark, DE
Basic Summary of Position
Individual is responsible for maintaining and strengthening sports medicine affiliation relationships. Requirements include providing onsite athletic training services at affiliation practices, assigned games, and scrimmages. Strong communication skills are required to manage the triage of athletes to physicians, physical therapy and any other related program. Overall commitment to affiliation will include hands-on care as well as utilizing written and verbal communication as a tool to integrate the sports medicine program as a function of the company.
1. Provide direct care of athletic injuries during practices, assigned games and scrimmages.
2. Refer needed treatments to appropriate facilities.
3. Arrange and contact patients/Physicians for fitting of specialized protective athletic equipment as needed.
4. Communicate with coaches, parents, Athletic Director and other health care professionals regaarding status of injured athletes and expected date of return to competition after completion of rehabilitation treatments.
5. Document all reported injuries in appropriate records.
6. Supervise and train Student Athletic Trainers/Work Study Students assigned to training room.
7. Maintain current knowledge of Athletic Trainer roles and continuing trends in the industry
8. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees.
9. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
10. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations.
11. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
1. Perform clinical Athletic Trainer functions as needed
2. Attend continuing educational courses to obtain advanced clinical skills.
3. Maintain cleanliness of clinic and treatment areas
4. Assist in answering phones and providing intake forms to new patients
5. Perform other duties as assigned by management
Successful completion of four academic years of pre-professional and professional study in a specialized curriculum accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, certified by the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
Current License or Certification:
Appropriate state licensure, certification or registration (per state requirements), current, and in good standing Certified by the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification.
Back to top