Outreach Athletic Trainer - Joppa, MD
- White Marsh, MD
General Summary and Scope:
This position is responsible for partnering with your athletic director, coaches, physicians, and your Affiliate Director to ensure you are building strong relationships with your affiliate and local physicians, and ensure you are offering the highest level of care for each athlete you interact with. You will have an overall commitment to the affiliation including hands-on care, triage to appropriate resources as well as utilizing written and verbal communication as a tool to integrate our sports medicine program into the affiliate. You will also perform clinical athletic training services, as needed and allowed by state practice acts.
You will be part of a strong sports medicine team focused on taking care of our athletes and maintaining affiliate relationships including the following:
- Your days will be busy working onsite at your affiliate providing comprehensive and coordinated care to the athletes, while assisting and monitoring all resources of rehabilitation treatment plans specific to the athlete and injury.
- You will independently manage the relationship with the affiliate by maintaining a positive work atmosphere and communicating in a manner that results in positive outcomes.
- Have true fun and partnership by participating in ATI foundation activities and showcasing your ATI spirit to the athletes, coaches and community.
- You will have regular interaction with staff Physical Therapists and clinicians regarding the treatment of your affiliated athletes while in formal PT care.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to multitask while providing an exceptional experience for everyone you interact with.
- The mindset and determination to emotionally invest and crush all of your work goals.
- The knowledge of Athletic Training and continuing trends in the industry.
- Strong time management skills and have attention to detail to document all reported injuries in appropriate records.
- Ability to travel between affiliates, events, and clinics and work extra events as assigned.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Successful completion of four academic years of pre-professional and professional study in a specialized curriculum accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education required.
- Certification by the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification and appropriate state licensure that is current and in good standing required.
Back to top