On-Site Industrial Athletic Trainer - Fort Dodge, IA
- Fort Dodge, IA
Onsite Early Intervention Specialist (Industrial Athletic Trainer)
What's the role?
ATI Worksite Solutions (AWS) is a progressive provider of prevention focused-early intervention services, ergonomic and safety solutions and occupational medicine. We specialize in partnering with employers who wish to take a proactive, preventative approach to addressing their employees' health. The Certified Early Intervention Specialist (CEIS) is anembedded allied health professional with a background in Athletic Training (or similar field) who is responsible for proactively identifying ergonomic, behavioral and biomechanical risks for potential injury. These findings are then translated into effective corrective actions through job coaching, ergonomic solutions, resiliency training, mobility education, and first aid measures (as defined by OSHA). As an allied health provider in industry for AWS, you will participate a 3-day certification course on Early Intervention to prepare you to be impactful and compliant in this environment.
The CEIS assists clients in reducing cumulative, overuse musculoskeletal injuries and illness by implementing conservative care to their employees before the onset of injury. With a focus on employee ownership and risk mitigation, employees achieve and maintain physical resilience and total worker health®. In addition, the CEIS assists workers in achieving sustained lifestyle improvements in areas such as nutritional health, physical fitness, and stress management.
As an integral part of the AWS team, the CEIS will be asked to take ownership of his/her responsibilities while looking for ways to improve the services we deliver to our clients. The secret to success at AWS is to exceed client expectations by providing the highest quality of service in a friendly encouraging environment. Our core values of quality of care, teamwork, communication, and the friendly factor show in your attitude and day to day interaction with everyone you encounter.
Your purpose at AWS:
To be that memorable moment - partnering with your client and AWS teams to ensure that every decision is calculated with total worker health in mind. This is accomplished by understanding the Early Intervention model and applying those principles to our client sites. The goal of bringing AWS onsite is to ensure that our client's employees are safe and healthy and to help our clients realize the fiscal wisdom of a focused preventative early intervention program.
What's cool about this job?
This is a team whose members wake up every morning to make other peoples' lives better. You will join the most effective Early Intervention Program in the world while learning skills that will help your personal and professional growth. Excellent development feedback is provided from experienced mentors and medical director. You will find true satisfaction in seeing the ways our team positively impacts ordinary people in an extraordinary way, every day.
What you need to be successful:
- The ability to provide injury screening, first aid (as defined by OSHA 29 CFR 1904.7(b)(5)(ii)), education, and/or escalation of care, if indicated
- The ability to document efficiently and completely, with a strong ability to integrate feedback for continuous improvement
- The ability to develop job-specific mobility routines and programs to be implemented in a preventative manner
- The ability to provide accommodation recommendations in compliance with the ADA Title I
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to take responsibility for a high level of communication
- Excellent organizational and tracking skills, with the ability to self-motivate
- The ability to develop and communicate reports on key performance indicators to AWS operations, client leadership, and operations as dictated by protocol
- The ability to participate in continuous improvement efforts to achieve site-specific metrics with regards to outcomes
- The ability to understand the operations, rotations, processes, and personnel associated with divisions of the company in order to make specific recommendations for the purpose of preventing more serious musculoskeletal conditions from occurring
- The ability to effectively and professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with every person with whom you interact, from entry level associates to AWS providers and internal leadership
- The ability to maintain confidential documents
- Excellent computer skills, as well as strong organizational skills with the ability to consistently maintain up-to-date daily documentation
- Consistently demonstrate enthusiasm, compassion, and the friendly factor to foster memorable moments for our clients
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit throughout entire assigned shift
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- ATC: successful completion of four academic years of pre-professional and professional study in a specialized curriculum accredited by CAATE, certified by the NATABOC
- Must hold the appropriate state licensure, certification, or registration (per state requirements); current, and in good standing
- CPR Certification
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word / Excel/ Power Point)
- Experience working on collaborative teams
- A basic knowledge of workers' compensation and OSHA regulations, preferred
Back to top