On-Site Industrial Athletic Trainer
Basic Summary of Position:
The individual will use his/her skills as an allied health professional to support injury prevention programs in compliance with OSHA regulations. The position supports client Environmental Health & Safety teams, Occupational Health and Human Resources in providing prevention and wellness programs. The individual will be expected to proactively assess biomechanical, behavioral and ergonomic risk factors for workers in the industrial environment and translate findings into effective corrective actions through job coaching, ergonomic solutions, mobility education and first aid measures (as defined by OSHA).
1. Provide triage, first aid, education and/or escalation of care, if indicated.
2. Help workers prevent repetitive, cumulative and overuse type musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses by mitigating both ergonomic risks and intrinsic biomechanical risks.
3. Help workers achieve and maintain physical resilience through optimizing body mechanics and postural habits through on-the-job education and coaching.
4. Assist workers in achieving sustained lifestyle improvements in areas such as nutritional health, physical fitness and stress management.
5. Address and mitigate risks related to workers' total health, therefore reducing the risk of job-related injuries and illnesses.
6. Develop job-specific mobility routines and programs to be implemented in a preventative manner.
7. Minimize risk of injury through awareness, education, ergonomic recommendations and first aid.
8. Provide First Aid as defined by OSHA 29 CFR 1904.7(b)(5)(ii).
9. Integrated time on the floor engaging client-employees proactively.
10. Maintain records of triage, ergonomic assessment, first aid care, and education provided.
11. Provide accommodation recommendations in compliance with the ADA related to job placement for
all workers on restrictions given by a medical provider.
12. Proactive communication with multiple departments and levels to allow for proper case management.
13. Develop and communicate reports on key performance indicators to AWS operations, client leadership and operations as dictated by protocol.
14. Participate in continuous improvement efforts to achieve site-specific metrics with regards to outcomes.
15. Identify process improvement opportunities within his/her own program and develop strategies to achieve best outcomes.
16. Understand the operations, rotations, processes and personnel associated with departments and
divisions of the company in order to make specific recommendations for the purpose of preventing more serious musculoskeletal conditions from occurring.
17. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees leading to dynamic client - AWS relationships based on trust and accountability.
18. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
19. Ability to comply with ATI and AWS standards of operations
20. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company
1. If a worker requires treatment beyond ergonomic recommendations, preventative education or first aid as defined by OSHA, then the AWS provider must work within their state-specific, license-specific
2. Perform other duties as assigned by management and as permitted under educational requirements and associated licensure. Supervisory Responsibilities:
No direct reports Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Basic Requirements: (indicate MINIMUM qualifications for the job; should be SPECIFIC and MEASURABLE.)
Education: • PT's, OT's - Bachelors Degree, with a professional clinical degree in rehabilitation; or
• ATC's - Successful completion of four academic years of pre-professional and professional study in a specialized curriculum accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, certified by the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification;
• PTA's, OTA's - Associates Degree, with a professional clinical degree in rehabilitation;
• RN - Hold an Associates or Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing. Hold an active state license or equivalent as a Registered Nurse Current License or Certification: Appropriate State licensure, certification or registration (per state requirements),current, and in good standing
Skills and Abilities:
• Action oriented;
• Career ambition;
• Comfort around higher management;
• Conflict management;
• Integrity and trust;
• Priority setting;
• Problem solving;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making;
• Microsoft Office including Excel
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Strong customer orientation;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Strong team player; and
• Commitment to company values.
Travel Required: Yes
Hours Required: As needed to complete the job responsibilities. Overtime to be approved by management.
ATI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of ATI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. Other details
- Job Family AWS
- Pay Type Hourly
Back to top