Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner PRN On Call
Basic Summary of Position:
The individual will be involved with the onsite provision of occupational health services and will effectively identify, evaluate, and addresses the prevention of diseases, while administering quality care for their employees. They will communicate with members of the medical staff on issues concerning consultation, collaboration, and referrals. They are responsible for the diagnosis, and the treatment of critical, prolonged, and potentially work related healthcare issues. They will also participate in educating employees on preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medications and treatment.
1. The ability to use critical thinking and experience to conduct a range of risk and health assessments.
2. Monitoring employee exposure to hazardous substances administering statutory and non-statutory
health surveillance, and perform statutory and non-statutory physicals.
3. The ability to prescribe routine and corrective stretches for reducing and preventing injuries.
4. The ability to effectively identify, evaluate, and addresses the prevention of diseases AND acute injuries while administering quality care
5. The ability to evaluate and treat an injured employees such as giving artificial respiration, cleaning and bandaging wounds, applying heat and cold to promote healing, making a referral, prescribing medication and advising on safer mechanism of job performance.
6. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
7. Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
8. Effectively work in and navigate EMR systems in a timely fashion.
9. The ability to communicate about and provide general health guidance on disease management
issues such as HTN, DM
10. The ability to treat acute, traumatic injuries to chronic minor reports of discomfort; and relate all to the functional limitations to maintain employee performance.
11. Spending time "on the floor" interacting with and engaging employees, providing job coaching. Assessing the work environment for potential health and safety problems. Must be fully capable of extended mobility, climbing both in protected work environments and outdoors.
12. Assists in process of FMLA and ADA program application. Includes communication with outside medical providers.
13. Conducts, collects and documents on-site data for following official reporting. Participate in management meetings for information delivery.
14. Provide on-going evaluations of work environments and provide recommendations in the workplace.
15. Prepares injury treatment, surveillance, FMLA/ADA reports.
16. Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information and records.
17. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
18. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations
19. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company
1. Perform other duties as assigned by management
No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Masters or Doctorate degree in nursing
• At least 1 year of Nurse Practitioner experience
• Some experience in occupational health nursing required
Current License or Certification:
• Licensed Registered Nurse Practitioner/APN and a current license in the State(s) in which they will be practicing.
• Licensed Prescriptive Authority as a APN
• Current CPR certification
Skills and Abilities:
• Action oriented;
• Career ambition;
• Comfort around higher management;
• Conflict management;
• Integrity and trust;
• Priority setting;
• Problem solving;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making;
• Microsoft Office
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Strong customer orientation;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Strong team player; and
• Commitment to company values.
Travel Required: No
Hours Required: As needed to complete the job responsibilities. Overtime to be approved by management.
ATI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of ATI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. AWS
Meet Some of ATI Physical Therapy's Employees
Anthony works with patients injured on the job to complete conditioning and hardening therapies that will allow them to return to work and life as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Back to top